Game Version 1.X
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1 1.8
- 1.1 New Features
- 1.2 Game Translations
- 1.3 Gameplay - Cavalry Units
- 1.4 Gameplay - Melee Combat
- 1.5 Gameplay - Forward Positions
- 1.6 Gameplay - Player Controller
- 1.7 Regiment Registry
- 1.8 Achievements
- 1.9 Naval Warfront
- 1.10 Holdfast SDK
- 1.11 Quality of Life
- 1.12 Game Load
- 1.13 Graphical & Bug Fixes
- 2 1.7
- 2.1 Bug Fixes & Additions
- 2.2 Forward Positions
- 2.3 Regiment Registry & Banners
- 2.4 Game Chat
- 2.5 Bayonet Attaching & Detaching
- 2.6 Kicking & Knockbacks
- 2.7 Melee Combat & Controller
- 2.8 Shooting & Firearms
- 2.9 Cavalry Units
- 2.10 Roleplay Gestures
- 2.11 Achievements
- 2.12 Custom Server Panel
- 2.13 Map Related
- 2.14 Holdfast - SDK
- 2.15 Graphical
- 3 1.6
- 4 1.5
- 5 1.4
- 6 1.3
- 7 1.1 & 1.2
- 8 1.0
- 8 New Maps! Take your fight into snow-covered towns, engage in fierce close-quarters combat in the streets of Heartmound, topple fortified positions with artillery pieces or stand shoulder to shoulder on plains maps during organised play.
- » Autumn Watch (map_name autumnwatch)
- » Heartmound (map_name heartmound)
- » Marquette (map_name marquette)
- » Sacred Valley (map_name sacredvalley)
- » Fort Darial (map_name fortdarial)
- » Grassy Plains 4 (L) (map_name grassyplainsiv)
- » Grassy Plains 5 (L) (map_name grassyplainsv)
- » Island Plains 1 (L) (map_name islandplains)
- 4 New Officers! High Command DLC. Unlock four new Infantry Officers uniforms for each of the existing factions in the High Command DLC. You can access the Steam Store page to unlock these uniforms directly through the game. Content present in Holdfast: Nations At War Game DLCs is purely cosmetic. It doesn’t and never will impact gameplay.
- » Unlock the British Empire’s 92nd Gordon Highlanders uniform.
- » Unlock the Claymore for the British Empire’s 92nd Gordon Highlanders. This weapon is a cosmetic override for the officer’s sword.
- » Unlock the French Empire’s Polish Vistula Legion uniform.
- » Unlock the Kingdom of Prussia’s Lützow Friekorps uniform.
- » Unlock the Russian Empire’s Interior Guard Battalion uniform.
- Players can toggle off the claymore cosmetic override should they wish to do so by deselecting ‘High Command Weapon Skin’ through the game’s settings.
- Roleplay Gestures. Charge! We’ll be adding more to your available arsenal of roleplay gestures in this update! Rest on your laurels as the battle ensues, order a glorious charge with your sword held forwards, taunt your enemies or in a fit of rage go full berserk pushing your adversaries into a cowardly retreat.
- » Check out the full selection of roleplay gestures by pressing the ‘V’ key and clicking on the pictogram.
- Localisation. 5 New Languages. Thanks to a community-wide effort, Holdfast: Nations At War has now been made available in 5 additional languages.
- » Danish
- » Greek (Including Greek fonts)
- » Romanian (Including Romanian fonts)
- » Swedish
- » Turkish
- Existing translations have also been revised correcting multiple grammatical errors.
- » Simplified & Traditional Chinese
- » Czech
- » Dutch
- » French
- » German
- » Italian
- » Korean
- » Polish
- » Portuguese - Brazil
- » Russian
- » Spanish
Gameplay - Cavalry Units
- Movement has undergone a significant redesign providing those fellows on a saddle with better control of the direction they want to steer towards.
- » Remember that you’re still, after all, riding a mighty beast. Be sure to be wary when navigating through restrictive places.
- Solved an issue which sometimes caused players to get stuck holding a strike when feinting to another strike direction while on horseback.
- Striking with your sword at an environment object whilst on horseback will now properly play an animation showing the melee weapon retracting back. Same will occur when two cavalrymen swords clash with one another.
- Solved an instance which caused players to end up facing the wrong direction if they got kicked and immediately mounted a horse.
Gameplay - Melee Combat
- Increased the speed at which players can feint from one strike direction to another for all weapons.
- Solved multiple instances where players could issue a ghost or lightning strikes with a melee weapon.
- Solved an issue which caused musket down stabs to have a wider hit detection not reflective of the actual strike animation. It only occurred when players were stricken from up close and facing a particular direction.
Gameplay - Forward Positions
- You will no longer benefit from spawn protection immunity when spawning on forward positions placed by Infantry Officers.
- The attacking faction is now allowed to place forward positions in limited numbers when the Army Siege game mode is in play with the exception of Fort Salettes.
- Introduced additional functionality allowing server administrators to define which team to disable the ‘Reinforce’ ability for.
- » Input the following command per map rotation to host any of these maps on your community servers: class_system_orders_reinforce true, false, attacking or defending.
- » Where ‘true’ allows the ability to be used by both teams, ‘false’ allows the ability to be used by none of the team, ‘attacking’ to be used only by the attackers and ’defending' to be used only by the defenders.
- Reinforcements for the defending faction on specific Army Siege maps have also been increased due to the above addition.
- Solved issues with forward positions on Desert Ruins.
- Added punctuation to the message received when an officer cannot place a forward position due to them being too close to a base spawn.
Gameplay - Player Controller
- You will no longer go to a standing position when switching between weapons while crouching.
- Solved an instance where players could spawn outside the map on Fort Winston when selecting to spawn on a forward position.
- Players will now receive a notification encouraging them to join the regiment’s Discord upon enlisting with a regiment through the regiment registry. Make sure to correctly set a link to your Discord directly through the registry if you haven’t done so already!
- » First navigate to view your regiment, then select ‘Manage’ and input a link to your Discord in the ‘Edit Discord Connection’ field.
- » Ensure that the invite link you input does not expire and can be granted to an unlimited number of users.
- Reduced the requirement to obtain the Ranker achievement to 100 players.
- Server administrators are now able to select a pre-set name a naval vessel spawns with through the ‘spawn_ships’ command.
- » Input the following command per map rotation to define a pre-set name: spawn_ships <shiptype> <number> <faction> <color> <nameindex>
- The ‘rc spawnships’ command now returns the name and ship ID to the console making it easier to use the rc removeShips <ship ID> command.
- The ‘rc spawnships’ command will now refuse to spawn ships on the defender’s side when the Coastal Siege game mode instead of assigning them to the attackers.
- Server administrators can now opt to disallow players from spawning with the base selection of uniforms and only allow that of modded ones. Should you want to create a scenario stretching outside that of the Napoleonic era, this has now been made possible.
- » Input the following command per map rotation to disallow players from spawning with the base selection of uniforms: exclusive_modded_uniforms true
Quality of Life
- You are now provided with the options to play the game in ‘Borderless Fullscreen’ mode in addition to the previously supported ‘Fullscreen’ and ‘Windowed’ modes.
- » Switch between these different screen modes through the game’s video settings.
- You will no longer have the ‘Escape’ menu show stopping your character from moving if you ‘ALT+TAB’ the game.
- You can now access the game’s configuration file by going to ‘Settings’ then ‘Game’ and eventually selecting the ‘Open’ button next to the ‘Config File’ option.
- Reduced the cooldown for roleplay gestures from 8 to 2 seconds.
- Players that disband a regiment will now receive a warning stating that they will be unable to create or enlist in another regiment for 7 days upon doing so.
- Optimisations targeting a specific subset of hardware will see map loading times reduced.
Graphical & Bug Fixes
- Solved an issue with the ‘Present Arms’ roleplay gestures not looping correctly.
- Solved an issue with golden borders for banners not showing correctly when a regiment reaches Rank 50.
- Solved an issue with the shacko’s colour appearing incorrect on the French ‘85eme Regiment d’Infanterie’ Line Infantry unit.
- Solved an issue where if you spawn with the blue uniform variant of the French sailor, you would spawn with that of the red one.
- You are no longer able to build Rocket Stacks whilst playing as the defenders on Fort Schwarz and the Army Siege game mode is in play.
- You are no longer able to build Rocket Stacks on Fort Christina and the Army Siege game mode is in play.
- You are no longer able to build Rocket Stacks on Fort Salettes and Canyon.
- Improved the loading screen for Lamarsh Fen.
Bug Fixes & Additions
- Infantry Officers are now disallowed from placing forward positions nearby base spawns.
- » Players that attempt to do so will receive a message informing them of the fact.
- Infantry Officers are now duly informed when their forward position runs out of reinforcements or gets destroyed.
- You should now find it easier to hit forward positions with melee weapons. Their hitbox has been slightly increased.
- Forward positions are now destroyed on death rather than when the Infantry Officer respawns.
- You can no longer place forward positions while jumping or falling.
- You can no longer place forward positions while mounted on horseback.
- Solved an issue where the player’s camera could sometimes clip with forward positions.
- Solved an issue which was causing the ‘Reinforce’ ability cooldown to carry over and persist between rounds.
- Solved an issue which sometimes caused a forward position to get immediately destroyed after the ability was used.
- Reinforce order is now being greyed out in the spawn menu if the abilities’ use is restricted through the server configuration file.
Regiment Registry & Banners
- Introduced additional functionality allowing players to search for a member within the registry. You’ll also find the same feature present in the recruit’s panel to accept or deny new applicants.
- Members of the same regiment can now display one another’s Steam profile to stay in touch with one another.
- Regiment leaders and moderators can now view a prospective applicant’s Steam profile in the recruits panel.
- Slightly adjusted the positions for in-game banners and player names.
- Performed multiple optimisations for a smoother experience when navigating through the Regiment Registry.
- Solved an issue which was causing regiment to no longer function if the regiment changed their tag.
- Solved an issue which sometimes caused regimental banners not to display in the game.
- Solved an issue which sometimes caused the ‘Leaders’ column in the Regiment Browser to remain stuck in a loading state after closing the Regiment View.
- Solved an issue which caused regiments having over 100 enlisted from showing history and player names within the Regiment Registry.
- Solved an issue which caused regiments in the registry to no longer function if all ranks were removed.
- You are now required to input a minimum number of characters in the regiment name and tag fields prior to registering your regiment.
- Solved an issue which caused the recruit panel to no longer function if there were new recruits waiting to be accepted and a regiment changed their tag.
- Solved an issue which caused the recruit panel to no longer function if a player with an invalid Steam profile submitted an application to a regiment.
- Introduced further instruction informing leaders and moderators of a specific regiment how to troubleshoot issues when messages related to insufficient permissions are displayed.
- Included ‘Greece’ to the list of available regions selectable through the Regiment Registry.
- Removed multiple logs being outputted for debugging purposes related to the banner system from the F2 console.
- Regiments now have a dedicated channel to communicate in whilst playing the game.
- » All > Team > Class > Regiment > Recruit > Admin
- Harmonised the colours of all the class-specific chat channels.
- Renamed the ‘Skirmishers’ chat channel to ‘Skirmish’.
- Infantry Officers are no longer able to see the class-specific ‘Cavalry’ chat.
Bayonet Attaching & Detaching
- Solved an issue where other players could sometimes be seen repeating the attaching or detaching animation.
- Solved an issue where other players could sometimes be seen striking with a musket without a bayonet attached.
- Solved an issue with playing gestures then attaching or detaching a bayonet. This would cause the bayonet to display outside its intended position.
- Removed multiple logs being outputted for debugging purposes related to the bayonet attaching and detaching mechanic from the F2 console.
Kicking & Knockbacks
- Solved an issue where players kicked while abord naval vessels resulted in them being castaway a distance afar. Wilson!!
- Solved an issue which sometimes caused a player to get kicked a shorter distance than intended.
- Reduced instances for an issue which was sometimes causing a player to not get knock-backed after they got kicked and where colliding with another.
- Solved an issue which occurred when a player was kicked whilst carrying an object. The carriable object would be dropped to the ground while another remains in the player’s hands.
- Solved an issue where a player kept viewing the spyglass after they got kicked.
- Solved an issue with kills through kicks being represented with an incorrect icon in the death screen.
Melee Combat & Controller
- Players are now able to more quickly switch between combat and shoulder arm stances.
- Players are now provided with more leeway to drag an attack after releasing or holding a strike.
- Solved an instance which was at times causing players to get stuck holding a strike.
- Solved an instance where sometimes a strike dealt twice the intended damage.
- Solved an issue which sometimes prevented players from going into melee mode if they found themselves killed whilst holding a strike then respawned.
- You can now kick whilst equipping a 2H Axe or Sledgehammer.
- Solved an issue with the 2H Axe idle animation stance.
- Solved an issue where the 2H Axe running animations were not displaying as intended.
- Slightly reduced movement speed for when holding or releasing a strike whilst wielding a sword.
- Slightly increased the melee strike release timer for swords. This allows some more leeway to determine and block the attack.
Shooting & Firearms
- Players are now able to more quickly go in and out of the crouching stance.
- Slightly increased the range of kill-shots by auxiliary pistols.
- Solved an issue which was somethings causing other players to be seen firing their musket before the aiming animation fully completes.
- Solved an issue which very rarely caused a player to load a blank round resulting in a non-lethal shot from a firearm.
- Solved an issue which sometimes caused players to get stuck while reloading a firearm.
- Solved an issue with the firearm trajectories command outputting an error when switching the round.
- Solved issues related to sound for cavalry units and their movement.
- Solved an occurrence which was causing horses to de-spawn when a player from the enemy team mounts them.
- Solved an issue where allied faction players could kill a horse that you’ve captured from the enemies’ team using a swivel gun while mounting it.
- Solved an issue which allowed players to play a gesture while interacting with cannons, ladders, the ship’s wheel amongst others.
- Solved an issue which allowed players to play gestures while equipping an un-intended weapon.
- Players are now displayed with information as to why they are unable to play a gesture when they hover on the pictogram.
- » Must Be Standing
- » On Cooldown
- » Gesture Already Playing
- Solved an issue with the ‘Gifted Surgeon’ achievement.
- Reworded the ‘Strike’ achievement.
Custom Server Panel
- Default server address has been set to ‘localhost’ in the custom server panel.
- Attackers on Fort Salettes whilst the Army Siege game mode is in play will now find an additional position to spawn on in limited numbers.
- Solved an issue with twice the sappers appearing atop one another in the main menu scene.
- Line Infantrymen in the main menu scene now have their arms shouldered upright and proper. Same goes for the Flag Bearer’s stance.
- Solved an issue with floating bushes on Snowy Plains 1.
- Solved an issue where players could get stuck behind one of the houses on Aunby Valley.
- Solved an issue which allowed players to spawn atop the bathhouse on Desert Ruins.
- Solved an issue which allowed players to spawn atop one of the barns on Dutch Canals.
- Solved an issue with one of the ladders on Desert Ruins.
- Solved an issue with one of the ruin models missing faces on Aunby Valley.
- Solved an issue with warning appearing on Tahir Desert.
- Solved an issue which allowed players to go underneath one of the bridges on Fort Salettes.
- Solved an issue with one of the capture points on Fort Christina appearing disconnected from the ground.
- Reduced the spacing between ladders on the ramp leading to Fort Salettes when playing on the Army Siege game mode.
- Solved an issue with one of the ladders on Sharpton appearing disconnected from the ground.
- Solved an issue with players being able to hide within one of the ruin models on Fort Schwarz.
Holdfast - SDK
- Solved an issue with interaction door restrictions on modded maps.
- Solved an issue with the Prussian Hussar’s cap display a white border.
- Solved an issue with the Depth of Field post-processing effect blurring our player nameplates and banners.
- Solved an issue which disabled impactful particle effects such as that of fires when the player is using the lower graphical settings.
- Beautified the area behind the dam on Aunby Valley.
- Reduced the brightness of the yellow guardhouse.
Shoulder Arms! Forward Positions
- Shoulder Arms! Marching Onwards. Shoulder your arms and march onwards with musket in hand! Napoleonic formations are a glorious sight to behold and now more so due to this latest addition.
- » A new set of animations will hold your musket upright and proper when in firing mode.
- » Flags can be held upright in true Napoleonic fashion.
- Roleplay Gestures! Drills & Salutes. Present your arms and await further orders, salute those in high-command to pay your respects, proclaim your surrender and cower for your precious life or point in the enemies' general direction.
- » Check out the full selection of roleplay gestures by pressing the ‘V’ key and clicking on the pictogram.
- Regiment Registry! Providing a space for in-game clans to organise, thrive and prosper the Regimental Registry is a feature long-awaited by many.
- » A Regiment Registry allowing players to easily find and locate a regiment to join.
- » Ability to establish your very own regiment with the game.
- » Ability to customise the regiment’s ranking structure.
- » Ability to promote or demote enlisted based on the ranking structure you designate.
- » Ability to kick enlisted out of the regiment.
- » Ability to assign enlisted moderator privileges and help you manage new applicants.
- » Ability to transfer the regiment’s ownership.
- » Ability to define a description for your regiment. Let others know what you stand for.
- » Ability to disband the regiment should it come to an unfortunate end.
- » Ability to customise your very own regiment banner.
- Regiment Banners. Utilise a massive selection of backgrounds and symbols to create your very own regimental banner.
- » Representing your regiment and all of its deeds, the unique custom banner you design through the editor will show on every enlisted member in your regiment.
- » Members of the same regiment will also display in green whilst playing the game.
- Regiment Standing. Raise your regiment through a total of 50 levels in a group-wide effort and be rewarded for it. Score gathered by an enlisted based on how well they did during a match on any of the official Army Front, Naval Warfront or Linebattle Event servers will contribute towards this great effort.
- » You will be rewarded with a prestigious golden banner distinguishing your regiment from the rest.
- » Regiments that rank higher than others will be displayed at the top of the registry.
- Reinforce! Forward Positions. Call for those in the rank and file to spawn on your forward position. A new ‘Reinforce’ ability enables Line Infantry, Grenadier and Guard units to come to your aid changing the dynamics of the battlefield.
- » Players that can spawn on a forward position are limited in number.
- » Forward positions are destructible by melee, cannon and explosives.
- » Forward positions will be destroyed if the Infantry Officer meets their demise.
- » Input the following command per map rotation to enable or disable the use of this ability: class_system_orders_reinforce true
- » Input the following command per map rotation to define a limit for the number of players that can spawn on a particular forward position: class_system_orders_reinforce_limit 25
- » Input the following command per map rotation to change the cooldown of this ability: class_system_orders_reinforce_cooldown 240
- Bayonettss! Attaching & Detaching. Musket-wielding classes are now equipped with a new ability allowing them to attach and detach bayonets. Detaching your bayonet will gather you a 5% in firearm accuracy at the cost of limiting your melee capabilities with the weapon.
- » Press the ‘T’ key to attach or detach your bayonet when equipping a musket.
- » Input the following command per map rotation to define if players should start with their bayonet attached or detached by default: start_bayonet_attached true or false
- 4 New Units! Regiments of the Line DLC. Unlock four new Line Infantry uniforms for each of the existing factions in the Regiments of the Line DLC. You can access the Steam Store page to unlock these uniforms directly through the game. Content present in Holdfast: Nations At War Game DLCs is purely cosmetical. It doesn’t and never will impact gameplay.
- » Unlock the British Empire's Loyal Lusitanian Legion uniform.
- » Unlock the French Empire's 6th ‘Herzog Wilhelm’ Bavarian Fusiliers uniform.
- » Unlock the Kingdom of Prussia's 11th Reserve Regiment uniform.
- » Unlock the Russian Empire's Pavlovsk Fusiliers uniform.
- Surgeon Bandage! Healing Oneself. Surgeons are now provided with the option to heal themselves using the ‘Bandage’ ability. There’s a 1-minute cooldown being applied in between uses so be sure that you play your cards well.
- » A new UI whilst playing with the Surgeon class will show alerting you of the uses and cooldowns for both the Bandage and Medicine abilities.
- A New Map! Aunby Valley. Inspired by the valleys of South Wales, a large river runs down the middle of this map, only to be held back by a giant dam that will see many a fallen infantryman atop it.
- » Input the following command per map rotation to play this map on your community server: map_name aunbyvalley
Quality of Life
- You are now able to access the Spawn Menu by pressing the ‘M’ key.
- Reorganised the key bindings menu for easier access.
- Capturable points which no players can spawn on by default will no longer show in the Spawn Menu.
- Introduced additional tips informing players on the use of the newly introduced abilities.
- Redesigned the secondary strike mechanics to rebalance the meta.
- » Changed the shoving animations to feature a kick instead. It allows players to better distinguish between primary and secondary attacks while improving consistency.
- » Secondary attacks will now knock-back a player if the aggressor successfully lands their hit.
- » Secondary attacks now have a windup allowing players time to evade the knock-back.
- » Secondary attacks can now be dragged slightly providing for greater fluidity during play.
- » Secondary attack kills now show a unique boot icon in the kill log.
- » You can now Spartan a poor fellow off an elevated position rewarding you with the kill.
- » Players will instantly face their demise if the knock-back throws them into an anti-infantry spike.
- » Damage for secondary attacks increased from 5 to 10 and from 2 to 5 if the Resilient trait is in effect.
- Your movement speed no longer gets slightly reduced whilst blocking with a musket.
- Solved an issue which enabled players to rotate quicker than intended after releasing their strike. Relative to their framerate, they would be able to rotate faster than others providing them with an advantage during competitive play.
- Improved the accuracy of player positions whilst rotating. Rotating player movement is now more in sync with the server. Latency, however, will still cause inconsistencies.
- Solved an issue that allowed players to pitch down and up quicker than intended when in melee combat mode.
- Solved an instance which allowed a player to skip the melee hold release state resulting in an invisible strike.
- Solved multiple instances which affected melee swing and block direction detection on different screen resolutions.
- Solved an issue which sometimes enabled two striking players to damage each other at the same time.
- Solved multiple inconsistencies with block grace timers.
- Readjusted the damage duration of the musket when doing an up strike.
- Your movement speed no longer gets slightly reduced whilst blocking with a sword.
- Players wielding a sword now move slightly hastier than those equipping a musket when holding a strike or striking. It provides them with a better chance to close distances when facing those equipped with longer reach weaponry.
- Solved an issue which sometimes prevented a sword strike from hitting a player based on their field of view.
- Solved an issue with sword strikes having a significant hit delay.
- Cannons will now recoil through Sapper defences and destroy them. You will no longer be able to utilise them as a mean to prevent a cannon from recoiling.
- Sapper built Ammo Boxes and Rockets Stacks can now be shot at and destroyed by firearms. It’ll prevent players from using these objects to block entry points.
- You are no longer able to spawn on capturable positions in the Army Conquest game mode. Utilise the Infantry Officer’s ‘Reinforce’ ability decisively to capture, hold or retake key positions.
- » Input the following command per map rotation to once again allow players to spawn on capturable spawn points: Wiki - Class Limit Overrides
Holdfast - SDK
- Introduced additional documentation covering the modification of flags and characters.
- Creators can now find an example on how to set up the Melee Arena game mode in the land scene.
- Solved an issue which prevented doors from functioning as intended when playing on the Melee Arena game mode.
- Solved an issue with the ammo boxes placeable through the Holdfast SDK being slightly elevated.
- Solved an issue in the Holdfast SDK with the character fingers in the ‘Create Screenshot Scene’ appearing incorrectly. We have also improved the lighting in the scene enabling you to take more beautiful shots of your modded uniforms.
- Creators now have a new set of un-destructible doors to make use of specifically designed for the Melee Arena game mode.
- » Look for ‘MeleeArena_Door’ in the SDK.
- Solved multiple issues with farm walls and modular siege walls not properly switching through the different destruction stages.
- Solved an issue with one of the destruction stages on the siege gatehouse switching textures.
- Solved multiple issues where players could pass through some of the destructible stages on modular siege walls.
- Changed the default image for uploaded modifications visible in the Steam Workshop.
- Solved an issue which was sometimes causing issues when loading multiple mods containing flags.
- Solved an issue with Coastal Siege spawn points in the Holdfast SDK naval scene.
- Significantly improved the quality of all face textures in the game.
- Improved the quality of all uniform textures to bring out more detail.
- Solved an issue which enabled players to go atop the windmill’s second floor.
- Solved another issue with rockets dealing less damage than intended in the Hardcore Game Type.
- Solved an issue where players were unable to sit on one of the chairs present on Fort Pierre.
- Solved an issue with the French Marine missing a greyed-out image in the spawn menu when the class slots become full.
- Solved an issue where players could get stuck behind one of the carts present on Sharpton.
- Solved an issue with some of the Russian Cuirassier faces being incorrectly skinned.
- Solved an instance which caused horse reins to appear visually detached.
- Solved an issue which sometimes prevented players from spawning on the Coastal Siege mode.
- Solved an issue which sometimes caused spawns on the Coastal Siege game mode to disappear from the spawn menu preventing new players from spawning.
- Solved an issue which sometimes caused ships on the Naval Warfront game mode to continue being visible in the spawn menu after they sunk.
Bug Fixes & Additions
- Introduced a command allowing server administrators to enable shooting on the Melee Arena game mode. Do note that artillery, weapon racks and other interactable objects don’t reset between rounds.
- » Input the following command in the server configuration file per map rotation to enable shooting whilst playing the Melee Arena game mode:
- » rc set meleeArenaAllowShooting true or false
- Solved an issue with the Game Objective Interactable Object missing interaction timer UI when pressing the hold button.
- Solved an issue with the Game Objective Interactable Object were the configured hold timer was not functioning as intended if the object was placed on a map through the Holdfast SDK.
- Solved an issue with the Game Objective Interactable Object ending the round twice.
- Solved another instance which caused players to get stuck on map load when switching from the Naval Assault to the Coastal Siege game mode.
- Solved an issue where the main menu user interface would disappear if a server shuts down while you’re downloading modifications then attempt to connect to it.
- Solved an issue with rock props being no longer present on Lamarsh Fen.
- Attempted fixed towards an infrequent issue which causes recurring kills to appear in the kill feed.
- Solved an issue with mortars, rockets and shrapnel from round shot dealing less damage than intended. This was only present whilst playing the hardcore game type.
- Solved an issue with several lake props placed through the Holdfast SDK appearing in white.
- Solved an issue with one of the door props placed through the Holdfast SDK flipping endlessly when interacted with.
- Solved an issue with Coastal Siege not working as intended when loading the game mode using a modded map.
- Solved an issue with the ocean being invisible when building a naval scene using the scene creator.
- Solved an issue with the Rocketeer’s scabbard appearing incorrectly.
- Solved an issue with the French Captain’s head being detached from his shoulder. The poor fellow has already seen enough of that during the revolution.
- Introduced new functionality allowing server providers to side-load modifications. These new commands can also be set to prevent the game server from automatically downloading modifications through the Holdfast Workshop prior to launching.
- » Input the following command prior to launching a server to prevent the game server from downloading modifications through the Holdfast Workshop.
- » -no-workshop
- » Input the following command prior to launching a server to define a path where the side-loaded modifications are to be placed.
- » -sideloadModDataPath <File Path>
Holdfast SDK V1. Modding Tools
- Level Editor. Supporting all existing game modes on both land and sea, the map editor provides creators with a featureful set of tools to design and create maps.
- » Over 1400 props to design maps with. Structures, flora, artillery, musical instruments, doors and many more.
- » The ability to implement your own set of props and bring them into the game.
- » The ability to customise your own terrain.
- » The ability to designate custom props as destructible.
- » Several tools to facilitate the creation of maps. This includes a function allowing creators to spawn with a player and move around on custom maps directly within the Unity editor saving precious time.
- » The ability to upload modifications to the Steam Workshop directly through the SDK.
- Modular Siege Props. A new modular set of destructible siege walls, pillars, cannon emplacements, gatehouses, side entrances and shooting platforms varying in both style and size.
- » Used correctly they will make for some delightfully immersive siege battles!
- Uniform & Flag Editor. Create your very own uniform variations for the existing classes present in Holdfast: Nations At War. This new functionality also allows you to sport your own regimental flag during Linebattle play.
- » In support of this addition, you will no longer see twice the Line Infantryman classes in the spawn menu. Cycle then select the second variant of this class using the arrow buttons instead.
- » The game will remember your last uniform selection variant.
- » Creators wishing to modify uniforms must be familiar with 3DS Max.
- Steam Workshop Integration. Holdfast SDK is fully streamlined and integrated with Steam’s Workshop making the content you create very easily accessible.
- » Combined with a two-click system allowing players to easily subscribe to, update or install modifications prior to joining their desired server.
- Custom Scenarios & Game Objectives. You will now find a new interactable object that will declare a faction the victor if interacted with. This can be spawned directly through the server configuration file or within the SDK.
- » Steal intelligence, breakthrough jail in the name of liberty or have the player find their way through trap-ridden fields - It’s up to you to make of it what you will.
- » Refer to our Wiki for instructions on how to make use of this new interactable object.
- Multiple modifications can be loaded and specified per map rotation opening up a whole new spectrum for customisable server experiences.
- » Input the following command in the server configuration file to install a mod on your game server. This will also prompt the player to download or update the required modifications prior to joining the server:
- » mods_installed <Mod Workshop ID>
- » Input the following command in the server configuration file per map rotation to load a modification. You can load multiple modifications but only one map per rotation:
- » load_mod <Mod Workshop ID>
- » Input the following command in the server configuration file per map rotation to define that a map is to be loaded from a modification:
- » map_name modmap
- » You can define the file path prior to launching the server by inputting the command below.
- » -workshopDataPath “MyPath"
- The ‘ArmyLineInfantry2’ class enum is now obsolete and should be removed from the server configuration file.
- The ‘BearingFlagRussian, BearingFlagBritish, BearingFlagFrench & BearingFlagPrussian’ weapon enums are now obsolete and should be removed from the server configuration file. You should use ‘BearingFlag’ instead to equip a class other than the Flagbearer with a flag through the server configuration file.
Quality of Life
- You can manage the modifications you are subscribed to through the game’s settings.
- You can access the Steam Workshop directly through the game’s main menu.
- Introduced an additional function in the server browser allowing players to filter by modded servers.
- Solved an instance which caused certain local 3D VoIP mutes to no longer persists between round.
- Solved an instance which caused players to get stuck on map load when switching between the Coastal Siege and Naval Assault game modes.
- Solved an issue which caused particle effects for when a firearm trajectory hits an object not to show.
- Solved an issue which caused melee indicators to incorrectly show when wielding a flag or a ramrod.
- Custom Map Land now shows as ‘Flat Plains 1 (L)’ instead of ‘Custom Map’ in the server browser.
- Custom Map Naval now shows as ‘Open Oceans’ instead of ‘Custom Map’ in the server browser.
Additions & Fixes
Leaderboards & Soldier Rank
- Pushed an experimental fix for an issue which sometimes caused experience gathered not to contribute towards bettering your standing in the leaderboards or improving your soldier’s rank.
- Solved an issue which prevented stats-based achievements from being awarded.
- » Ones that require progression such as the - ‘Vive L'Empereur!’ achievement where you have to slay 200 enemies whilst playing as French Line Infantryman for instance.
- » If you have been affected by the issue, fulfilling the requirement again, for example, scoring a kill will trigger the achievement completion.
- Roundshot fired from artillery pieces will now diminish in damage as it hits through multiple defences. This will ensure that the round shot eventually comes to a halt if it hits successive player-built defences.
Quality of Life
- Official servers will now display at the top of the server browser based on the player demand from a particular region. This is being done to provide community servers with greater coverage.
- You no longer have to scroll through the list of available languages when selecting a language from the options menu. Instead, the entire list will be displayed.
General Bug Fixes
- Solved a rare occurrence which caused the map to stop loading the next level when swapping between Naval Assault, Naval Battlefield and Coastal Siege game modes.
- Solved an issue which caused the end round screen whilst playing the Army Deathmatch game mode to appear white.
- Solved an issue which sometimes prevented players from joining the round if factions where being randomised in the Naval Warfront game mode.
- Solved issue with text scaling on multiple interface elements when choosing a language other than English.
- Solved an issue which caused exceptions to be outputted when carrying an object.
- Solved an issue which caused exceptions to be outputted when firing chain shot.
- Moved the ‘Spectating’ text further to the bottom of the screen to prevent it from overlapping with the respawn timer.
- Solved an issue which was causing a significant increase in bandwidth on the server.
Russian Empire! Version 1.0 Now Available
- Holdfast: NaW Version 1.0. Game is out of Early Access!
- Urahh for the Tsar! Russian Empire. Stand shoulder to shoulder and fire devastating volleys in smoke-filled Napoleonic field battles as another nation joins the war.
- » New period-accurate uniforms portraying the Russian Empire in all its glory.
- » New melee weapons and firearms representative of the Russian Empire.
- » A masterful composition of the tune played when the empire sees a victory.
- » 7 marching tunes for both fifers and drummers.
- » Along with a massive selection of Russian voice-acted orders, cheers, insults, shouts, calls and warcries.
- Seasonal Leaderboards. Honourably compete to better your standing in the class-based seasonal leaderboards!
- » You will find yourself in the hall of fame should you be successful in retaining your standing with the top 5 of your preferred class once a quarterly season comes to an end.
- Decorated Soldier Medals. Decorated medals will be awarded to enlisted veterans going above the 50th soldier rank with a particular class.
- Multiple Fronts! The main menu background scene was redesigned to encompass the notion of the fight on multiple fronts.
- Surgeons, Carpenters, Sappers and Infantry Officers will come equipped with additional unique weaponry that are ever so slightly better than doing the notorious deed with your bare fists.
- » Surgeon - Knife
- » Carpenter - 1H Axe
- » Sapper - 1H Adze
- » Infantry Officer - Dirk
- Steam Collectables. Collectable Steam cards, emoticons, badges and wallpapers.
- Discord Rich Presence. Join the game directly through Discord, invite friends to join your match, view who’s playing on which server and more!
- A package for those who wish to go the extra mile and support the development team. Gather access to splendid cosmetic overrides for officer swords, a special medal showing your loyalty to the cause, the ability to ride into battle on a white steed exclusive only to loyalists, soundtracks, artwork and more!
- » Downloadable content doesn’t and never will impact gameplay.
- » Holdfast Nations: At War - Loyalist (Supporter) Edition
- Reduced the damage dealt by trampling to enemy infantryman. This will total to a maximum of 40 damage per hit ensuring that the infantryman doesn’t die within a single strike unless the player’s health points have been previously diminished.
- Solved an issue with trampling hits occurring before the cavalrymen reaches the player.
- Cavalrymen are now required to be more accurate with their swords when striking at another player from horseback.
- Multiple maps have received iterations to balance the number of available cavalry units.
- Infantry Officers now provide a damage reduction from firearms to those good men in the Rank & File when the ‘Charge’ order is given.
- » You’ll find fewer losses occurring should you attempt to charge an entrenched enemy.
- Carpenters are now able to kill horses with a single strike when wielding a 2H Axe.
- Players being supported with abilities from the Musician, Flagbearer and Guard classes will now be displayed in purple on the minimap.
- » This serves as an indication that you’re buffing another whilst playing with these classes.
- Surgeons are now able to receive the firearm damage reduction bonus provided by Guardsman so they don’t instantly face their demise when healing a line.
- You will no longer display the melee indicator when healing another player.
- Sappers now have a dedicated chat channel to communicate in.
- Renamed the Rifleman chat channel to Skirmishers. Light Infantry units now also have access to this channel.
- You will now receive score and experience for blocking an enemy player’s melee strike.
- Experience gathered during a match contributing towards bettering your soldier’s rank, will be displayed on-screen come to this update.
- Reduced the ‘Sharpe Shooter’ achievement’s kill distance requirement to 75 meters.
- Reduced the ‘Chosen man’ achievement’s kill distance requirement to 50 meters.
- Fort Christina no longer features cavalry when played on Army Siege in order to allow defenders a chance to construct defences around the perimeter of the wooden fortification.
- » Increased the number of available Sappers for the defenders.
Quality of Life
- You can now toggle VoIP on and off with a singular click of a button. Press the ‘K’ key to do so as you deem it necessary.
- You now have the option to collectively mute micspammers from the Round Players ‘P’ menu.
- » Administrators are provided with the function to tag someone for doing the deed.
- You will now continue to autorun when opening the Round Players ‘P’ menu. Should you find the need to mute another player, this will no longer disrupt your play.
- The Round Players ‘P’ menu now scales dynamically providing players with a cleaner more intuitive interface.
- Factions are now being randomised rather than predefined per map rotation. Maps which were specifically playable only with certain nations can now also be played by others.
- Reduced the audio volume of the main menu theme. You can now safely listen to this beautiful composition once more without worrying about your well-being.
- Prevented the message displayed upon joining a public event server from appearing after each and every time a new round starts. This will instead only become visible once upon joining the server.
- Players that disconnect from a server are now taken directly to the server browser rather than the main menu screen.
- You will no longer needlessly load the next map before being disconnected after the daily scheduled server restart ensues.
- You can now assign a hotkey through the game’s settings to toggle between the cinematic and freeroam cameras.
- You’ll now find that moving the camera around using the arrow keys while in cinematic mode significantly smoother.
- Introduced a slider in the game’s options allowing you to adjust the depth of field. Perfectly capture those cinematic shots.
- Smoothened the zooming of the camera through the scroll wheel when in freecam.
- Introduced multiple advanced settings accessible through the game’s options menu in order to provide greater control over the cinematic camera.
- Server administrators are now provided with the option to input a welcome message that gets displayed in the player’s chat upon joining the server.
- » Input the following command in the server configuration file: server_welcome_message MyMessage
- Server administrators are now able to limit the number of lives for the defenders on the Coastal Siege or Army Siege game modes.
- » Input the following command per map rotation: max_player_respawn <no.>
- Server administrators are now able to randomise factions on all game modes.
- » Input the following command per map rotation: faction_randomiser both/attacker/defender
- Server administrators are now able to log administrative actions directly on Discord through web-hooks. We’re sure that this will come in most handy when coordinating administrative tasks during events!
- » Input the following commands in the server configuration file:
- » discord_webhook_warning_tag_admin <@!ID> | <@!ID>
- » discord_webhook_warning_id <webhookID>
- » discord_webhook_warning_token <webhookToken>
- » discord_webhook_banmute_tag_admin <@!ID> | <@!ID>
- » discord_webhook_banmute_id <webhookID>
- » discord_webhook_banmute_token <webhookToken>
- Server administrators are now able to define a reason for bans, kicks and mutes.
- Players kicked from a server by an administrator will now have the reason displayed.
- Server administrators can now configure pre-sets for administrator private messages. Configure these to ensure event hosts have easy access to messages they can issue to players for the most common rule breaks. They’ll surely thank you for it.
- » Input the following commands per map rotation: admin_action_preset_reason <title>|<message>
- Server administrators can now use ‘CTRL + ENTER’ as a shortcut to confirm an administrative action instead of pressing the ‘Yes’ button.
- Server administrators can now set up a series of event rules that get displayed on screen when the player joins the round with a specific class. Refer to our Wiki for more information as this new function also supports rich text for greater configurability.
- » Input the following command per map rotation: server_round_rule <class1>,<class2>|<message>
- Game servers now monitor changes to the muted and banned players file saving you the hassle of having to manually reload the file through rc commands each and every time a change is performed.
- Solved an issue which caused players to get stuck on map load after a server initiates a daily scheduled shutdown.
- Solved an issue where a game server could appear twice in the browser when refreshing the list.
- Solved an issue with the spyglass stretching out on 21:9 and 21:10 aspect ratios.
- Solved an issue where the ‘Sight The Barn’ achievement wasn’t being correctly awarded to the players.
- Solved an issue where the ‘Strike’ achievement wasn’t correctly tracking consecutive kills with a cannon.
- Solved an issue with the ‘Explosives Specialist’ achievement, not including kills from rocket artillery pieces.
- Solved an exception which occurred when a player joins a server directly from a friend through Steam.
- Solved an issue where players could farm experience with the carpenter class by hitting palisade walls in Fort Salettes or Camp Salamanca.
- Solved an issue with incorrect textures on one of the buildings in Desert Ruins.
- Solved an issue which caused players looking through a spyglass to continue doing so even though they just got trampled by a horse.
- Solved multiple issues with explosive barrels.
- Solved an issue which caused framerate to drop when the player was adjusting their audio.
- Solved an issue which caused players to sometimes be unable to pack a rocket launcher after it has been unpacked.
- Solved an issue which caused players to rarely get stuck on map load.
- Solved an issue where the ‘Settings’ panel would flash on the first launch.
- Solved an issue where the top bar in the Naval Assault game mode didn’t reset correctly.
- Solved an issue where the camera would rotate if the player presses the ‘C’ key whilst having the Voice ‘V’ menu open.
- Solved an issue where horses would still appear in the kill feed when stricken at even though they are unkillable when God Mode is enabled.
- Solved an issue which prevented players from spawning if a great number of spawn locations were present in a custom map.
- Solved an issue which caused players to be unable to load the smaller rocket variant if the launcher was spawned on the map through override props.
- Solved multiple exceptions that occurred on both server and client.
- Solved an issue where shrapnel from explosions was ignoring friendly fire.