Game Version 1.X
A New Nation!
The Kingdom of Italy joins the war thanks to a community-driven collaborative effort.
:» Unique uniforms for all army branch units representative of the army during the era. :» 4 new marching tunes unique to the Italian fifer and drummer musicians. :» Orders, patriotic shouts, insults and a plethora of other voice-acted shouts unique to the faction. :» A unique victory stinger composed by the talented Sean Beeson. :» You can now select the Kingdom of Italy as your preferred faction of affiliation through the Regiment Registry.
- » A New Map! Aspern by Willy. Set in and around a quiet countryside town this battlefield will see nations battling it out over control of the towns centre.
- » 3 New Achievements!
Regiment members rejoice as achievements specific to the Regiment Registry have arrived.
:» Clan Enlistment :» Regiment Honours :» Regiment Veteran
- » 2 New Achievements!
Slay enemies whilst playing as the Russian or Italian faction.
:» For the Fatherland! :» Viva l'Italia!
- » Redesigned the game's backend to be able to support more than 4 factions into the game. Look forward to more in the future!
- » Infantry Officers are no longer able to ride on horseback.
- » A new setting has been introduced allowing administrators to have officers able to ride on horseback for the purpose of events.
:» rc set vehicleHorseForOfficer true or false
- » Slightly reduced horse gallop speed but improved maneuverability.
- » Players able to mount on horseback will now be prompted with an interaction indicator instructing them to press ‘E’ when looking at a horse.
Quality of Life
- » Introduced a search feature to the ‘Handover Regiment’ and ‘Moderator’ panels in the Regiment Registry.
- » Solved an issue that allowed players to construct defenses outside a map’s borders.
- » Solved an issue which sometimes showed players crouching to appear at standing.
- » Solved an issue which caused festive trees to show outside season on some maps.
- » Reduced the load times of the ever-growing regiment registry.
- » Solved an issue with the Melee Arena leaderboard showing in an incorrect state when the extended view was closed.
- » Optimised the Italian flag’s cloth of which shader was causing performance degradation.
- » Shortened the Italian flag to match the standard French size. Server administrators must update their game servers for the weapon’s melee reach to match the new size.
- » Optimised various uniforms across multiple factions.
- » Optimised the weapon models.
- » Optimised the carriable ladders to reduce garbage collection and therefore improve performance.
- » Solved an issue with players appearing to be standing up when swapping their weapon.
- » Solved a few grammatical errors visible which were visible when the player opened the voice acting panel.
Quality of Life
- » Regiment leader names now load in order of the regiment’s rank on the registry.
- » Ramrods now detach from the weapon model as the player reloads the musket.
Official Game Servers
- » Necessary back-end changes required to move official game servers over to a Linux infrastructure are present in this update.
:» It enables us to more quickly update official game servers to the latest version when a new game update is rolled out.
- » Introduced a function allowing server hosts to place servers in hibernation mode if no players are connected to it. This will reduce CPU utilisation for idle game servers.
:» Input the following commands in the server configuration file to make use of this function: server_hibernation_enabled true and server_hibernation_fps 5
Standalone Windows Server
- » A dedicated Windows OS server for Holdfast: Nations At War is now available.
:» Download the server files through your Steam Library. Ensure that you have 'Tools' selection.
- » Reduced the ghost range when striking with melee weapons while on horseback.
- » Adjusted the horse’s hitbox to be more representative of the model.
- » The ‘Horse Effects’ graphics setting toggle no longer mutes horse audio effects.
- » Attempted fix towards an instance which sometimes caused horse-related audio effects to cut off.
- » Minor optimisations targeting player movement.
- » Minor optimisations targeting audio-related functions.
- » Performed minor optimisations on Port Nile.
- » Solved an instance which caused the server to crash.
- » Solved an issue with featured servers not un-featuring themselves.
- » Solved an issue causing players to get stuck when detaching their bayonet and interacting with a cannon.
- » Prevented entry to certain locations on Port Nile which were not meant to be accessible.
- » Solved an issue with the floor turning invisible on one of the destructible models on Fort Al Farid.
- » Introduce free-flight camera colliders on Glacier.
- » Solved an issue with forward positions on Glacier.
- » Solved an issue with one of the wall structures next to the church on Lamarsh Fen.
- » Solve an issue with an excessive amount of Cannoneers on Marquette.
- » Solved an audio-related error that occurred when players hit with a cannon one of the gatehouses present on Canyon and Marquette.
- » Solved an issue which caused players to fall underneath Fort Imperial when one of the houses was destroyed.
- » Increased the defender’s reinforcements on Fort Darial by 15.
- » Increased the reinforcements on Fort Al Farid for the defenders by 40. They also get 30 additional build points.
- » Musket and pistol sounds now come with added base for an additional kick when firing volleys.
- » The weather audio slider will now default to 100 from 30 for players launching the game anew.
- » Changed the white circular banner displayed above player’s heads.
- » Erected a memorial in remembrance of Jon Snow on the map Highlands.
- » Solved an issue which caused framerate to drop when a player played a tune on the piano.
- » Solved an issue with the ocean turning invisible when selecting the 'Low' graphical preset setting.
New Map - Glacier
- » Solved an issue with one of the areas being blocked by an invisible collider next to a house.
- » Solved an issue with an invisible collider blocking an entrance leading to a cave.
- » Solved an issue with one of the swivel guns floating on Glacier.
- » Solved an issue where players could reach an area on the map which wasn't meant to be accessible.
- » Introduced an additional ladder leading to the rooftops on one of the houses.
New Map - Fort Al Farid
- » Solved an issue where the tower's cannon wasn't getting destroyed when the tower itself is reduced to rubble.
- » Solved an issue with one of the pillars being incorrectly textured.
- » Solved an issue where players couldn't fire the tower's cannon after it was loaded.
- » Solved an issue where cannons present on Fort Al Farid were not required to be rammed before firing.
- » Solved an issue where players sometimes went underneath the terrain when aiming cannons on Fort Al Farid.
- » Players now face towards the fort when spawning as the attackers on Fort Al Farid.
- » Solved an issue with the carriable rocket launcher on Fort Al Farid.
New Map - Port Nile
- » Solved an issue where the player didn't run smoothly on the staircases leading to the edges of the map.
- » Solved an issue where certain objects went invisible when looking towards a specific area on the map.
- » Solved an issue with one of the docked Brig-Sloop's missing its front mast.
- » Solved an issue with an error popping up when shooting at the barrel on Port Nile.
- » Player spawn locations on both base spawn for either faction have been spread out.
- » Introduced another staircase next to the base spawn leading to the garden on Port Nile.
- » Changed the colouring of the Gold, Decorated and Valour medals.
- » Players can now better distinguish between Bronze and Valour medals.
- » Solved an issue where soldier medals overlapped in the scoreboard.
- » Solved an issue where sometimes a regiment's banner didn't show above the player's head.
- » Solved an issue where certain banners were not tiling correctly.
- » Awarded the [45e], KRA and BB with a unique medal for having reached the maximum regiment rank of 50 prior to the introduction of prestige.
- » Solved an issue with textures flickering on the Naval Warfront game mode.
- » Regiment Prestige! Expanding upon the game’s regiment registry system, regiments are now able to prestige should they reach the new rank limit of 70.
- » Decorative banners will be awarded to those that achieve this feat.
- » Soldier Ranks! Valour. It is not just the regiments who will be able to showcase their brilliance with new decoration, the individual soldier rank limit has also been increased from 50 to 75.
- » Soldier rank medals have been redesigned to fit the new valour medals.
- » Regiment of the Guard DLC. Stand tall for the guard! The Regiments of the Guard DLC unlocks 4 unique uniforms for the Guard class.
:» Unlock the British Empire's Coldstream Regiment of Foot Guards uniform. :» Unlock the French Empire's 1er Grenadiers de la Garde Impériale uniform. :» Unlock the Kingdom of Prussia's Zweites Garde Regiment zu Fuss uniform. :» Unlock the Russian Empire's Leib-Gvardii Litovskii Polk uniform. :» Regiments of the Guard DLC - Store Page
- » 3 New Maps! Battlefields. Glacier, Fort Al-Farid and Port Nile all of which offer different styles of play. Check them out on the Army Front official game servers.
- » Input the following commands per map rotation to host these maps on your community server map_name fortalfarid, glacier and portnile
- » Featured Servers. With the success of the Battlefield Forger contest this update also includes the ability for community servers to be featured alongside official game servers.
:» Featured status will be awarded to well managed and put together servers that offer new experiences for players who may perhaps wish to try their hand on them.
- » Regiment Registry Medals. Introduced a system allowing us to reward regiments with medals.
- » More about this in the coming year, stay tuned!
- » It's a jolly time of the year! Christmas trees, murderous snowball cannonballs, festive piano tunes and totally legitimate reindeer will be present.
:» You can toggle off festive events through the game’s settings.
- » Most fitting to the season, the main menu is now extra chilly.
- » Reduced the score gathered through kills with officer pistols.
- » Indicators exposing the location of surviving players on the minimap will show once reinforcements run out on the Army Battlefield game mode.
Quality of Life
- » Bans, kicks, slays, mutes and PMs will now show in the game’s admin-specific chat. It’ll surely help make the administration of events just a little bit easier.
- » Server administrators are now provided with the functionality to mute individuals that are affiliated with one particular faction while having others still able to speak.
:» Input the following commands to make use of this new function. :» rc set voiceChatEnabled false - Disables VoIP for all teams. :» rc set voiceChatEnabled true - Enables VoIP for all teams. :» rc set voiceChatEnabled Attacking - Allow only the attackers to communicate through VoiP. :» rc set voiceChatEnabled Defending - Allow only the defenders to community through VoIp.
- » Particle effects that are shown when a player is getting healed by a Surgeon are now more visible.
- » Introduced more map loading tips detailing blocking, the use of the carpenter class as well as regiment recruitment.
- » Terrains using the Microsplat shader in the Holdfast SDK can now feature snow accumulation.
- » Solved an issue with floating objects on Marquette.
- » Solved an issue with one of the fires next to the broken cannon on Autumn Watch.
- » Solved an issue where sometimes the carriable Rocket Launcher would get stuck on the bridge in Heartmound.
- » Solve an issue with black moving dots showing on certain props. Especially on buildings.
- » Solved an issue on certain objects contributing towards added points on the Army Conquest game mode.
- » Solved an issue where the loser was sometimes shown as the winner in the top bar.
- » Solved an issue where if you are killed whilst attempting to respawn with a different class, you would still respawn with your previous selection.
- » Solved an issue where the 92nd Highland Officer was unable to equip a sword and a lantern at the same time.
- » Solved an issue where sometimes other players wouldn’t show the reloading animation.
- » Solved an issue where the ‘rc remove ships’ command didn’t update the top bar detailing ships and their damage correctly when the ship despawns.
- » Solved an issue where you would receive additional experience for standing in line even if you damage a friendly player.
- » Solved an issue which resulted in mouse sensitivity changing when going to aiming whilst crouching then standing.
- » Solved an issue where sometimes a ghost strike could be issued when holding a spyglass, instrument or other carriable objects.
- » Solved an issue where the crouch to stab timer didn’t trigger correctly when meleeing with rapid crouching inputs.
- » Solved an issue where audio was missing from the launch screen where the Anvil Game Studios logo shows.
- » With a daunting crow beaked mask and the power to spread disease, the Plague Doctor class variant will briefly be available to play this Halloween.
- » Lanterns are replaced by ghoulishly carved pumpkins in an attempt to scare him away.
- » Special Halloween styled piano music.
Quality of Life
- » Players getting healed will now emit a particle effect informing them that another player is replenishing their health.
- » Introduced colour blind modes for those that require it.
:» Protanopia :» Deuteranopia :» Tritanopia
- » Providers now have access to Linux-based game servers after stability tests where concluded.
:» You can find a setup guide detailing their installation on the Wiki. :» Wiki Server Hosting - Linux
- » Solved an issue with spawns breaking due to forward positions.
- » Solved an issue with neck pieces floating when using cannons.
- » Solved an instance where your uniform would sometimes appear darkened when spawning with modded characters.
Gameplay - Cavalry Units
- » Solved an issue where sprinting while on horseback was no longer working as intended.
- » Solved an issue when striking with a sword while on horseback having an increased delay.
- » Solved an issue which results in some strikes with a sword while on horseback to miss its target if you’d hit your own horse and the enemy at the same time.
- » Players will now find it slightly easier to block an incoming strike from a player on horseback.
Gameplay - Infantry Units
- » Solved an issue with the French Polish ‘Vistula’ Legion Line Infantry and Infantry Officer having a head that is smaller and therefore not particularly fitting on their shoulders. Don’t you worry, they were still sufficiently capable in the battlefield albeit this one minor mishap.
- » Adjusted the claymore to better fit in the Scottish Infantry Officer’s hands.
- » Surgeons are no longer able to heal themselves or others whilst under water.
- » Surgeons are no longer able to heal themselves or others whilst carrying any object.
- » You will now take more damage the longer you stay underwater.
- » Solved an issue which sometimes results in only rowboats spawning for the invaders during the Coastal Siege game mode.
- » You may now continue to chat while doing roleplay gestures.
- » Optimised the instantiating of audio during map load to slightly improve map load times.
- » Updated the loading screen for Grassy Plains 4 (L), Grassy Plains 5 (L) & Island Plains 1 (L).
- » Solved an issue with spawns on Sacred Valley being inverted on the Army Battlefield game mode.
- » Reduced the number of cavalry units on Sacred Valley to 2 per faction.
- » Changed one of the rocket launchers present on Sacred Valley to face outwards and included a wooden platform indicative of where it respawns should it be destroyed.
- » Solved an issue with the water texture on Sacred Valley.
- » Solved an issue with one of the rocks missing faces on Autumn Watch.
- » Removed cavalry units from being playable on Autumn Watch.
- » Improved performance on Autumn Watch.
- » Re-adjusted the conquest capture points on Autumn Watch.
- » Solved an issue with players being able to fire their weapon while standing on certain rocks present in Fort Darial.
- » Solved an issue with the A and B capture points on Fort Darial being inverted.
- » Performed some minor optimisations on Fort Darial.
- » Solved an issue where you can swim inside the cave on Marquette even though no water was visible.
- » Placed more ammo boxes for artillery pieces on Marquette.
- » Included some more furniture inside the houses on Marquette. However, the good majority of this furniture has been turned into firewood to combat the harsh winter.
- » Sealed the well on Marquette so players can no longer get stuck inside it.
- » Solved an issue with spawn points on Marquette.
- » Solved multiple client-side and server-side exceptions on maps.
- » Restructured the output of the rc shiplist
and rc playerlist command and included additional functionality to them.
- » rc shiplist
now shows the ship names alongside their IDs.
- » rc playerlist not-ingame
can now be used to display a list of individuals that are connected to the server but didn’t spawn. Use this to remove players that are not partaking in an event and simply staying in freeflight or spectate.
- » Sacred Valley is now playable on the Official Army Front servers.
- » You will now find newer maps introduced in Version 1.8 appearing more frequently on the Army Front rotation.
- » Increased reinforcements for the defenders by 15 on all siege maps with the exception of Fort Darial.
- » Increased reinforcements for the defenders by 60 on Fort Darial.
- » Solved an issue causing a small subset of players equipped with specific AMD GPUs being unable to launch the game.
- 8 New Maps! Take your fight into snow-covered towns, engage in fierce close-quarters combat in the streets of Heartmound, topple fortified positions with artillery pieces or stand shoulder to shoulder on plains maps during organised play.
- » Autumn Watch (map_name autumnwatch)
- » Heartmound (map_name heartmound)
- » Marquette (map_name marquette)
- » Sacred Valley (map_name sacredvalley)
- » Fort Darial (map_name fortdarial)
- » Grassy Plains 4 (L) (map_name grassyplainsiv)
- » Grassy Plains 5 (L) (map_name grassyplainsv)
- » Island Plains 1 (L) (map_name islandplains)
- 4 New Officers! High Command DLC. Unlock four new Infantry Officers uniforms for each of the existing factions in the High Command DLC. You can access the Steam Store page to unlock these uniforms directly through the game. Content present in Holdfast: Nations At War Game DLCs is purely cosmetic. It doesnât and never will impact gameplay.
- » Unlock the British Empireâs 92nd Gordon Highlanders uniform.
- » Unlock the Claymore for the British Empireâs 92nd Gordon Highlanders. This weapon is a cosmetic override for the officerâs sword.
- » Unlock the French Empireâs Polish Vistula Legion uniform.
- » Unlock the Kingdom of Prussiaâs LÃ¼tzow Friekorps uniform.
- » Unlock the Russian Empireâs Interior Guard Battalion uniform.
- Players can toggle off the claymore cosmetic override should they wish to do so by deselecting âHigh Command Weapon Skinâ through the gameâs settings.
- Roleplay Gestures. Charge! Weâll be adding more to your available arsenal of roleplay gestures in this update! Rest on your laurels as the battle ensues, order a glorious charge with your sword held forwards, taunt your enemies or in a fit of rage go full berserk pushing your adversaries into a cowardly retreat.
- » Check out the full selection of roleplay gestures by pressing the âVâ key and clicking on the pictogram.
- Localisation. 5 New Languages. Thanks to a community-wide effort, Holdfast: Nations At War has now been made available in 5 additional languages.
- » Danish
- » Greek (Including Greek fonts)
- » Romanian (Including Romanian fonts)
- » Swedish
- » Turkish
- Existing translations have also been revised correcting multiple grammatical errors.
- » Simplified & Traditional Chinese
- » Czech
- » Dutch
- » French
- » German
- » Italian
- » Korean
- » Polish
- » Portuguese - Brazil
- » Russian
- » Spanish
Gameplay - Cavalry Units
- Movement has undergone a significant redesign providing those fellows on a saddle with better control of the direction they want to steer towards.
- » Remember that youâre still, after all, riding a mighty beast. Be sure to be wary when navigating through restrictive places.
- Solved an issue which sometimes caused players to get stuck holding a strike when feinting to another strike direction while on horseback.
- Striking with your sword at an environment object whilst on horseback will now properly play an animation showing the melee weapon retracting back. Same will occur when two cavalrymen swords clash with one another.
- Solved an instance which caused players to end up facing the wrong direction if they got kicked and immediately mounted a horse.
Gameplay - Melee Combat
- Increased the speed at which players can feint from one strike direction to another for all weapons.
- Solved multiple instances where players could issue a ghost or lightning strikes with a melee weapon.
- Solved an issue which caused musket down stabs to have a wider hit detection not reflective of the actual strike animation. It only occurred when players were stricken from up close and facing a particular direction.
Gameplay - Forward Positions
- You will no longer benefit from spawn protection immunity when spawning on forward positions placed by Infantry Officers.
- The attacking faction is now allowed to place forward positions in limited numbers when the Army Siege game mode is in play with the exception of Fort Salettes.
- Introduced additional functionality allowing server administrators to define which team to disable the âReinforceâ ability for.
- » Input the following command per map rotation to host any of these maps on your community servers: class_system_orders_reinforce true, false, attacking or defending.
- » Where âtrueâ allows the ability to be used by both teams, âfalseâ allows the ability to be used by none of the team, âattackingâ to be used only by the attackers and âdefending' to be used only by the defenders.
- Reinforcements for the defending faction on specific Army Siege maps have also been increased due to the above addition.
- Solved issues with forward positions on Desert Ruins.
- Added punctuation to the message received when an officer cannot place a forward position due to them being too close to a base spawn.
Gameplay - Player Controller
- You will no longer go to a standing position when switching between weapons while crouching.
- Solved an instance where players could spawn outside the map on Fort Winston when selecting to spawn on a forward position.
- Players will now receive a notification encouraging them to join the regimentâs Discord upon enlisting with a regiment through the regiment registry. Make sure to correctly set a link to your Discord directly through the registry if you havenât done so already!
- » First navigate to view your regiment, then select âManageâ and input a link to your Discord in the âEdit Discord Connectionâ field.
- » Ensure that the invite link you input does not expire and can be granted to an unlimited number of users.
- Reduced the requirement to obtain the Ranker achievement to 100 players.
- Server administrators are now able to select a pre-set name a naval vessel spawns with through the âspawn_shipsâ command.
- » Input the following command per map rotation to define a pre-set name: spawn_ships <shiptype> <number> <faction> <color> <nameindex>
- The ârc spawnshipsâ command now returns the name and ship ID to the console making it easier to use the rc removeShips <ship ID> command.
- The ârc spawnshipsâ command will now refuse to spawn ships on the defenderâs side when the Coastal Siege game mode instead of assigning them to the attackers.
- Server administrators can now opt to disallow players from spawning with the base selection of uniforms and only allow that of modded ones. Should you want to create a scenario stretching outside that of the Napoleonic era, this has now been made possible.
- » Input the following command per map rotation to disallow players from spawning with the base selection of uniforms: exclusive_modded_uniforms true
Quality of Life
- You are now provided with the options to play the game in âBorderless Fullscreenâ mode in addition to the previously supported âFullscreenâ and âWindowedâ modes.
- » Switch between these different screen modes through the gameâs video settings.
- You will no longer have the âEscapeâ menu show stopping your character from moving if you âALT+TABâ the game.
- You can now access the gameâs configuration file by going to âSettingsâ then âGameâ and eventually selecting the âOpenâ button next to the âConfig Fileâ option.
- Reduced the cooldown for roleplay gestures from 8 to 2 seconds.
- Players that disband a regiment will now receive a warning stating that they will be unable to create or enlist in another regiment for 7 days upon doing so.
- Optimisations targeting a specific subset of hardware will see map loading times reduced.
Graphical & Bug Fixes
- Solved an issue with the âPresent Armsâ roleplay gestures not looping correctly.
- Solved an issue with golden borders for banners not showing correctly when a regiment reaches Rank 50.
- Solved an issue with the shackoâs colour appearing incorrect on the French â85eme Regiment dâInfanterieâ Line Infantry unit.
- Solved an issue where if you spawn with the blue uniform variant of the French sailor, you would spawn with that of the red one.
- You are no longer able to build Rocket Stacks whilst playing as the defenders on Fort Schwarz and the Army Siege game mode is in play.
- You are no longer able to build Rocket Stacks on Fort Christina and the Army Siege game mode is in play.
- You are no longer able to build Rocket Stacks on Fort Salettes and Canyon.
- Improved the loading screen for Lamarsh Fen.
Bug Fixes & Additions
- Infantry Officers are now disallowed from placing forward positions nearby base spawns.
- » Players that attempt to do so will receive a message informing them of the fact.
- Infantry Officers are now duly informed when their forward position runs out of reinforcements or gets destroyed.
- You should now find it easier to hit forward positions with melee weapons. Their hitbox has been slightly increased.
- Forward positions are now destroyed on death rather than when the Infantry Officer respawns.
- You can no longer place forward positions while jumping or falling.
- You can no longer place forward positions while mounted on horseback.
- Solved an issue where the playerâs camera could sometimes clip with forward positions.
- Solved an issue which was causing the âReinforceâ ability cooldown to carry over and persist between rounds.
- Solved an issue which sometimes caused a forward position to get immediately destroyed after the ability was used.
- Reinforce order is now being greyed out in the spawn menu if the abilitiesâ use is restricted through the server configuration file.
Regiment Registry & Banners
- Introduced additional functionality allowing players to search for a member within the registry. Youâll also find the same feature present in the recruitâs panel to accept or deny new applicants.
- Members of the same regiment can now display one anotherâs Steam profile to stay in touch with one another.
- Regiment leaders and moderators can now view a prospective applicantâs Steam profile in the recruits panel.
- Slightly adjusted the positions for in-game banners and player names.
- Performed multiple optimisations for a smoother experience when navigating through the Regiment Registry.
- Solved an issue which was causing regiment to no longer function if the regiment changed their tag.
- Solved an issue which sometimes caused regimental banners not to display in the game.
- Solved an issue which sometimes caused the âLeadersâ column in the Regiment Browser to remain stuck in a loading state after closing the Regiment View.
- Solved an issue which caused regiments having over 100 enlisted from showing history and player names within the Regiment Registry.
- Solved an issue which caused regiments in the registry to no longer function if all ranks were removed.
- You are now required to input a minimum number of characters in the regiment name and tag fields prior to registering your regiment.
- Solved an issue which caused the recruit panel to no longer function if there were new recruits waiting to be accepted and a regiment changed their tag.
- Solved an issue which caused the recruit panel to no longer function if a player with an invalid Steam profile submitted an application to a regiment.
- Introduced further instruction informing leaders and moderators of a specific regiment how to troubleshoot issues when messages related to insufficient permissions are displayed.
- Included âGreeceâ to the list of available regions selectable through the Regiment Registry.
- Removed multiple logs being outputted for debugging purposes related to the banner system from the F2 console.
- Regiments now have a dedicated channel to communicate in whilst playing the game.
- » All > Team > Class > Regiment > Recruit > Admin
- Harmonised the colours of all the class-specific chat channels.
- Renamed the âSkirmishersâ chat channel to âSkirmishâ.
- Infantry Officers are no longer able to see the class-specific âCavalryâ chat.
Bayonet Attaching & Detaching
- Solved an issue where other players could sometimes be seen repeating the attaching or detaching animation.
- Solved an issue where other players could sometimes be seen striking with a musket without a bayonet attached.
- Solved an issue with playing gestures then attaching or detaching a bayonet. This would cause the bayonet to display outside its intended position.
- Removed multiple logs being outputted for debugging purposes related to the bayonet attaching and detaching mechanic from the F2 console.
Kicking & Knockbacks
- Solved an issue where players kicked while abord naval vessels resulted in them being castaway a distance afar. Wilson!!
- Solved an issue which sometimes caused a player to get kicked a shorter distance than intended.
- Reduced instances for an issue which was sometimes causing a player to not get knock-backed after they got kicked and where colliding with another.
- Solved an issue which occurred when a player was kicked whilst carrying an object. The carriable object would be dropped to the ground while another remains in the playerâs hands.
- Solved an issue where a player kept viewing the spyglass after they got kicked.
- Solved an issue with kills through kicks being represented with an incorrect icon in the death screen.
Melee Combat & Controller
- Players are now able to more quickly switch between combat and shoulder arm stances.
- Players are now provided with more leeway to drag an attack after releasing or holding a strike.
- Solved an instance which was at times causing players to get stuck holding a strike.
- Solved an instance where sometimes a strike dealt twice the intended damage.
- Solved an issue which sometimes prevented players from going into melee mode if they found themselves killed whilst holding a strike then respawned.
- You can now kick whilst equipping a 2H Axe or Sledgehammer.
- Solved an issue with the 2H Axe idle animation stance.
- Solved an issue where the 2H Axe running animations were not displaying as intended.
- Slightly reduced movement speed for when holding or releasing a strike whilst wielding a sword.
- Slightly increased the melee strike release timer for swords. This allows some more leeway to determine and block the attack.
Shooting & Firearms
- Players are now able to more quickly go in and out of the crouching stance.
- Slightly increased the range of kill-shots by auxiliary pistols.
- Solved an issue which was somethings causing other players to be seen firing their musket before the aiming animation fully completes.
- Solved an issue which very rarely caused a player to load a blank round resulting in a non-lethal shot from a firearm.
- Solved an issue which sometimes caused players to get stuck while reloading a firearm.
- Solved an issue with the firearm trajectories command outputting an error when switching the round.
- Solved issues related to sound for cavalry units and their movement.
- Solved an occurrence which was causing horses to de-spawn when a player from the enemy team mounts them.
- Solved an issue where allied faction players could kill a horse that youâve captured from the enemiesâ team using a swivel gun while mounting it.
- Solved an issue which allowed players to play a gesture while interacting with cannons, ladders, the shipâs wheel amongst others.
- Solved an issue which allowed players to play gestures while equipping an un-intended weapon.
- Players are now displayed with information as to why they are unable to play a gesture when they hover on the pictogram.
- » Must Be Standing
- » On Cooldown
- » Gesture Already Playing
- Solved an issue with the âGifted Surgeonâ achievement.
- Reworded the âStrikeâ achievement.
Custom Server Panel
- Default server address has been set to âlocalhostâ in the custom server panel.
- Attackers on Fort Salettes whilst the Army Siege game mode is in play will now find an additional position to spawn on in limited numbers.
- Solved an issue with twice the sappers appearing atop one another in the main menu scene.
- Line Infantrymen in the main menu scene now have their arms shouldered upright and proper. Same goes for the Flag Bearerâs stance.
- Solved an issue with floating bushes on Snowy Plains 1.
- Solved an issue where players could get stuck behind one of the houses on Aunby Valley.
- Solved an issue which allowed players to spawn atop the bathhouse on Desert Ruins.
- Solved an issue which allowed players to spawn atop one of the barns on Dutch Canals.
- Solved an issue with one of the ladders on Desert Ruins.
- Solved an issue with one of the ruin models missing faces on Aunby Valley.
- Solved an issue with warning appearing on Tahir Desert.
- Solved an issue which allowed players to go underneath one of the bridges on Fort Salettes.
- Solved an issue with one of the capture points on Fort Christina appearing disconnected from the ground.
- Reduced the spacing between ladders on the ramp leading to Fort Salettes when playing on the Army Siege game mode.
- Solved an issue with one of the ladders on Sharpton appearing disconnected from the ground.
- Solved an issue with players being able to hide within one of the ruin models on Fort Schwarz.
Holdfast - SDK
- Solved an issue with interaction door restrictions on modded maps.
- Solved an issue with the Prussian Hussarâs cap display a white border.
- Solved an issue with the Depth of Field post-processing effect blurring our player nameplates and banners.
- Solved an issue which disabled impactful particle effects such as that of fires when the player is using the lower graphical settings.
- Beautified the area behind the dam on Aunby Valley.
- Reduced the brightness of the yellow guardhouse.
Shoulder Arms! Forward Positions
- Shoulder Arms! Marching Onwards. Shoulder your arms and march onwards with musket in hand! Napoleonic formations are a glorious sight to behold and now more so due to this latest addition.
- » A new set of animations will hold your musket upright and proper when in firing mode.
- » Flags can be held upright in true Napoleonic fashion.
- Roleplay Gestures! Drills & Salutes. Present your arms and await further orders, salute those in high-command to pay your respects, proclaim your surrender and cower for your precious life or point in the enemies' general direction.
- » Check out the full selection of roleplay gestures by pressing the âVâ key and clicking on the pictogram.
- Regiment Registry! Providing a space for in-game clans to organise, thrive and prosper the Regimental Registry is a feature long-awaited by many.
- » A Regiment Registry allowing players to easily find and locate a regiment to join.
- » Ability to establish your very own regiment with the game.
- » Ability to customise the regimentâs ranking structure.
- » Ability to promote or demote enlisted based on the ranking structure you designate.
- » Ability to kick enlisted out of the regiment.
- » Ability to assign enlisted moderator privileges and help you manage new applicants.
- » Ability to transfer the regimentâs ownership.
- » Ability to define a description for your regiment. Let others know what you stand for.
- » Ability to disband the regiment should it come to an unfortunate end.
- » Ability to customise your very own regiment banner.
- Regiment Banners. Utilise a massive selection of backgrounds and symbols to create your very own regimental banner.
- » Representing your regiment and all of its deeds, the unique custom banner you design through the editor will show on every enlisted member in your regiment.
- » Members of the same regiment will also display in green whilst playing the game.
- Regiment Standing. Raise your regiment through a total of 50 levels in a group-wide effort and be rewarded for it. Score gathered by an enlisted based on how well they did during a match on any of the official Army Front, Naval Warfront or Linebattle Event servers will contribute towards this great effort.
- » You will be rewarded with a prestigious golden banner distinguishing your regiment from the rest.
- » Regiments that rank higher than others will be displayed at the top of the registry.
- Reinforce! Forward Positions. Call for those in the rank and file to spawn on your forward position. A new âReinforceâ ability enables Line Infantry, Grenadier and Guard units to come to your aid changing the dynamics of the battlefield.
- » Players that can spawn on a forward position are limited in number.
- » Forward positions are destructible by melee, cannon and explosives.
- » Forward positions will be destroyed if the Infantry Officer meets their demise.
- » Input the following command per map rotation to enable or disable the use of this ability: class_system_orders_reinforce true
- » Input the following command per map rotation to define a limit for the number of players that can spawn on a particular forward position: class_system_orders_reinforce_limit 25
- » Input the following command per map rotation to change the cooldown of this ability: class_system_orders_reinforce_cooldown 240
- Bayonettss! Attaching & Detaching. Musket-wielding classes are now equipped with a new ability allowing them to attach and detach bayonets. Detaching your bayonet will gather you a 5% in firearm accuracy at the cost of limiting your melee capabilities with the weapon.
- » Press the âTâ key to attach or detach your bayonet when equipping a musket.
- » Input the following command per map rotation to define if players should start with their bayonet attached or detached by default: start_bayonet_attached true or false
- 4 New Units! Regiments of the Line DLC. Unlock four new Line Infantry uniforms for each of the existing factions in the Regiments of the Line DLC. You can access the Steam Store page to unlock these uniforms directly through the game. Content present in Holdfast: Nations At War Game DLCs is purely cosmetical. It doesnât and never will impact gameplay.
- » Unlock the British Empire's Loyal Lusitanian Legion uniform.
- » Unlock the French Empire's 6th âHerzog Wilhelmâ Bavarian Fusiliers uniform.
- » Unlock the Kingdom of Prussia's 11th Reserve Regiment uniform.
- » Unlock the Russian Empire's Pavlovsk Fusiliers uniform.
- Surgeon Bandage! Healing Oneself. Surgeons are now provided with the option to heal themselves using the âBandageâ ability. Thereâs a 1-minute cooldown being applied in between uses so be sure that you play your cards well.
- » A new UI whilst playing with the Surgeon class will show alerting you of the uses and cooldowns for both the Bandage and Medicine abilities.
- A New Map! Aunby Valley. Inspired by the valleys of South Wales, a large river runs down the middle of this map, only to be held back by a giant dam that will see many a fallen infantryman atop it.
- » Input the following command per map rotation to play this map on your community server: map_name aunbyvalley
Quality of Life
- You are now able to access the Spawn Menu by pressing the âMâ key.
- Reorganised the key bindings menu for easier access.
- Capturable points which no players can spawn on by default will no longer show in the Spawn Menu.
- Introduced additional tips informing players on the use of the newly introduced abilities.
- Redesigned the secondary strike mechanics to rebalance the meta.
- » Changed the shoving animations to feature a kick instead. It allows players to better distinguish between primary and secondary attacks while improving consistency.
- » Secondary attacks will now knock-back a player if the aggressor successfully lands their hit.
- » Secondary attacks now have a windup allowing players time to evade the knock-back.
- » Secondary attacks can now be dragged slightly providing for greater fluidity during play.
- » Secondary attack kills now show a unique boot icon in the kill log.
- » You can now Spartan a poor fellow off an elevated position rewarding you with the kill.
- » Players will instantly face their demise if the knock-back throws them into an anti-infantry spike.
- » Damage for secondary attacks increased from 5 to 10 and from 2 to 5 if the Resilient trait is in effect.
- Your movement speed no longer gets slightly reduced whilst blocking with a musket.
- Solved an issue which enabled players to rotate quicker than intended after releasing their strike. Relative to their framerate, they would be able to rotate faster than others providing them with an advantage during competitive play.
- Improved the accuracy of player positions whilst rotating. Rotating player movement is now more in sync with the server. Latency, however, will still cause inconsistencies.
- Solved an issue that allowed players to pitch down and up quicker than intended when in melee combat mode.
- Solved an instance which allowed a player to skip the melee hold release state resulting in an invisible strike.
- Solved multiple instances which affected melee swing and block direction detection on different screen resolutions.
- Solved an issue which sometimes enabled two striking players to damage each other at the same time.
- Solved multiple inconsistencies with block grace timers.
- Readjusted the damage duration of the musket when doing an up strike.
- Your movement speed no longer gets slightly reduced whilst blocking with a sword.
- Players wielding a sword now move slightly hastier than those equipping a musket when holding a strike or striking. It provides them with a better chance to close distances when facing those equipped with longer reach weaponry.
- Solved an issue which sometimes prevented a sword strike from hitting a player based on their field of view.
- Solved an issue with sword strikes having a significant hit delay.
- Cannons will now recoil through Sapper defences and destroy them. You will no longer be able to utilise them as a mean to prevent a cannon from recoiling.
- Sapper built Ammo Boxes and Rockets Stacks can now be shot at and destroyed by firearms. Itâll prevent players from using these objects to block entry points.
- You are no longer able to spawn on capturable positions in the Army Conquest game mode. Utilise the Infantry Officerâs âReinforceâ ability decisively to capture, hold or retake key positions.
- » Input the following command per map rotation to once again allow players to spawn on capturable spawn points: Wiki - Class Limit Overrides
Holdfast - SDK
- Introduced additional documentation covering the modification of flags and characters.
- Creators can now find an example on how to set up the Melee Arena game mode in the land scene.
- Solved an issue which prevented doors from functioning as intended when playing on the Melee Arena game mode.
- Solved an issue with the ammo boxes placeable through the Holdfast SDK being slightly elevated.
- Solved an issue in the Holdfast SDK with the character fingers in the âCreate Screenshot Sceneâ appearing incorrectly. We have also improved the lighting in the scene enabling you to take more beautiful shots of your modded uniforms.
- Creators now have a new set of un-destructible doors to make use of specifically designed for the Melee Arena game mode.
- » Look for âMeleeArena_Doorâ in the SDK.
- Solved multiple issues with farm walls and modular siege walls not properly switching through the different destruction stages.
- Solved an issue with one of the destruction stages on the siege gatehouse switching textures.
- Solved multiple issues where players could pass through some of the destructible stages on modular siege walls.
- Changed the default image for uploaded modifications visible in the Steam Workshop.
- Solved an issue which was sometimes causing issues when loading multiple mods containing flags.
- Solved an issue with Coastal Siege spawn points in the Holdfast SDK naval scene.
- Significantly improved the quality of all face textures in the game.
- Improved the quality of all uniform textures to bring out more detail.
- Solved an issue which enabled players to go atop the windmillâs second floor.
- Solved another issue with rockets dealing less damage than intended in the Hardcore Game Type.
- Solved an issue where players were unable to sit on one of the chairs present on Fort Pierre.
- Solved an issue with the French Marine missing a greyed-out image in the spawn menu when the class slots become full.
- Solved an issue where players could get stuck behind one of the carts present on Sharpton.
- Solved an issue with some of the Russian Cuirassier faces being incorrectly skinned.
- Solved an instance which caused horse reins to appear visually detached.
- Solved an issue which sometimes prevented players from spawning on the Coastal Siege mode.
- Solved an issue which sometimes caused spawns on the Coastal Siege game mode to disappear from the spawn menu preventing new players from spawning.
- Solved an issue which sometimes caused ships on the Naval Warfront game mode to continue being visible in the spawn menu after they sunk.
Bug Fixes & Additions
- Introduced a command allowing server administrators to enable shooting on the Melee Arena game mode. Do note that artillery, weapon racks and other interactable objects donât reset between rounds.
- » Input the following command in the server configuration file per map rotation to enable shooting whilst playing the Melee Arena game mode:
- » rc set meleeArenaAllowShooting true or false
- Solved an issue with the Game Objective Interactable Object missing interaction timer UI when pressing the hold button.
- Solved an issue with the Game Objective Interactable Object were the configured hold timer was not functioning as intended if the object was placed on a map through the Holdfast SDK.
- Solved an issue with the Game Objective Interactable Object ending the round twice.
- Solved another instance which caused players to get stuck on map load when switching from the Naval Assault to the Coastal Siege game mode.
- Solved an issue where the main menu user interface would disappear if a server shuts down while youâre downloading modifications then attempt to connect to it.
- Solved an issue with rock props being no longer present on Lamarsh Fen.
- Attempted fixed towards an infrequent issue which causes recurring kills to appear in the kill feed.
- Solved an issue with mortars, rockets and shrapnel from round shot dealing less damage than intended. This was only present whilst playing the hardcore game type.
- Solved an issue with several lake props placed through the Holdfast SDK appearing in white.
- Solved an issue with one of the door props placed through the Holdfast SDK flipping endlessly when interacted with.
- Solved an issue with Coastal Siege not working as intended when loading the game mode using a modded map.
- Solved an issue with the ocean being invisible when building a naval scene using the scene creator.
- Solved an issue with the Rocketeerâs scabbard appearing incorrectly.
- Solved an issue with the French Captainâs head being detached from his shoulder. The poor fellow has already seen enough of that during the revolution.
- Introduced new functionality allowing server providers to side-load modifications. These new commands can also be set to prevent the game server from automatically downloading modifications through the Holdfast Workshop prior to launching.
- » Input the following command prior to launching a server to prevent the game server from downloading modifications through the Holdfast Workshop.
- » -no-workshop
- » Input the following command prior to launching a server to define a path where the side-loaded modifications are to be placed.
- » -sideloadModDataPath <File Path>
Holdfast SDK V1. Modding Tools
- Level Editor. Supporting all existing game modes on both land and sea, the map editor provides creators with a featureful set of tools to design and create maps.
- » Over 1400 props to design maps with. Structures, flora, artillery, musical instruments, doors and many more.
- » The ability to implement your own set of props and bring them into the game.
- » The ability to customise your own terrain.
- » The ability to designate custom props as destructible.
- » Several tools to facilitate the creation of maps. This includes a function allowing creators to spawn with a player and move around on custom maps directly within the Unity editor saving precious time.
- » The ability to upload modifications to the Steam Workshop directly through the SDK.
- Modular Siege Props. A new modular set of destructible siege walls, pillars, cannon emplacements, gatehouses, side entrances and shooting platforms varying in both style and size.
- » Used correctly they will make for some delightfully immersive siege battles!
- Uniform & Flag Editor. Create your very own uniform variations for the existing classes present in Holdfast: Nations At War. This new functionality also allows you to sport your own regimental flag during Linebattle play.
- » In support of this addition, you will no longer see twice the Line Infantryman classes in the spawn menu. Cycle then select the second variant of this class using the arrow buttons instead.
- » The game will remember your last uniform selection variant.
- » Creators wishing to modify uniforms must be familiar with 3DS Max.
- Steam Workshop Integration. Holdfast SDK is fully streamlined and integrated with Steamâs Workshop making the content you create very easily accessible.
- » Combined with a two-click system allowing players to easily subscribe to, update or install modifications prior to joining their desired server.
- Custom Scenarios & Game Objectives. You will now find a new interactable object that will declare a faction the victor if interacted with. This can be spawned directly through the server configuration file or within the SDK.
- » Steal intelligence, breakthrough jail in the name of liberty or have the player find their way through trap-ridden fields - Itâs up to you to make of it what you will.
- » Refer to our Wiki for instructions on how to make use of this new interactable object.
- Multiple modifications can be loaded and specified per map rotation opening up a whole new spectrum for customisable server experiences.
- » Input the following command in the server configuration file to install a mod on your game server. This will also prompt the player to download or update the required modifications prior to joining the server:
- » mods_installed <Mod Workshop ID>
- » Input the following command in the server configuration file per map rotation to load a modification. You can load multiple modifications but only one map per rotation:
- » load_mod <Mod Workshop ID>
- » Input the following command in the server configuration file per map rotation to define that a map is to be loaded from a modification:
- » map_name modmap
- » You can define the file path prior to launching the server by inputting the command below.
- » -workshopDataPath âMyPath"
- The âArmyLineInfantry2â class enum is now obsolete and should be removed from the server configuration file.
- The âBearingFlagRussian, BearingFlagBritish, BearingFlagFrench & BearingFlagPrussianâ weapon enums are now obsolete and should be removed from the server configuration file. You should use âBearingFlagâ instead to equip a class other than the Flagbearer with a flag through the server configuration file.
Quality of Life
- You can manage the modifications you are subscribed to through the gameâs settings.
- You can access the Steam Workshop directly through the gameâs main menu.
- Introduced an additional function in the server browser allowing players to filter by modded servers.
- Solved an instance which caused certain local 3D VoIP mutes to no longer persists between round.
- Solved an instance which caused players to get stuck on map load when switching between the Coastal Siege and Naval Assault game modes.
- Solved an issue which caused particle effects for when a firearm trajectory hits an object not to show.
- Solved an issue which caused melee indicators to incorrectly show when wielding a flag or a ramrod.
- Custom Map Land now shows as âFlat Plains 1 (L)â instead of âCustom Mapâ in the server browser.
- Custom Map Naval now shows as âOpen Oceansâ instead of âCustom Mapâ in the server browser.
Additions & Fixes
Leaderboards & Soldier Rank
- Pushed an experimental fix for an issue which sometimes caused experience gathered not to contribute towards bettering your standing in the leaderboards or improving your soldierâs rank.
- Solved an issue which prevented stats-based achievements from being awarded.
- » Ones that require progression such as the - âVive L'Empereur!â achievement where you have to slay 200 enemies whilst playing as French Line Infantryman for instance.
- » If you have been affected by the issue, fulfilling the requirement again, for example, scoring a kill will trigger the achievement completion.
- Roundshot fired from artillery pieces will now diminish in damage as it hits through multiple defences. This will ensure that the round shot eventually comes to a halt if it hits successive player-built defences.
Quality of Life
- Official servers will now display at the top of the server browser based on the player demand from a particular region. This is being done to provide community servers with greater coverage.
- You no longer have to scroll through the list of available languages when selecting a language from the options menu. Instead, the entire list will be displayed.
General Bug Fixes
- Solved a rare occurrence which caused the map to stop loading the next level when swapping between Naval Assault, Naval Battlefield and Coastal Siege game modes.
- Solved an issue which caused the end round screen whilst playing the Army Deathmatch game mode to appear white.
- Solved an issue which sometimes prevented players from joining the round if factions where being randomised in the Naval Warfront game mode.
- Solved issue with text scaling on multiple interface elements when choosing a language other than English.
- Solved an issue which caused exceptions to be outputted when carrying an object.
- Solved an issue which caused exceptions to be outputted when firing chain shot.
- Moved the âSpectatingâ text further to the bottom of the screen to prevent it from overlapping with the respawn timer.
- Solved an issue which was causing a significant increase in bandwidth on the server.
Russian Empire! Version 1.0 Now Available
- Holdfast: NaW Version 1.0. Game is out of Early Access!
- Urahh for the Tsar! Russian Empire. Stand shoulder to shoulder and fire devastating volleys in smoke-filled Napoleonic field battles as another nation joins the war.
- » New period-accurate uniforms portraying the Russian Empire in all its glory.
- » New melee weapons and firearms representative of the Russian Empire.
- » A masterful composition of the tune played when the empire sees a victory.
- » 7 marching tunes for both fifers and drummers.
- » Along with a massive selection of Russian voice-acted orders, cheers, insults, shouts, calls and warcries.
- Seasonal Leaderboards. Honourably compete to better your standing in the class-based seasonal leaderboards!
- » You will find yourself in the hall of fame should you be successful in retaining your standing with the top 5 of your preferred class once a quarterly season comes to an end.
- Decorated Soldier Medals. Decorated medals will be awarded to enlisted veterans going above the 50th soldier rank with a particular class.
- Multiple Fronts! The main menu background scene was redesigned to encompass the notion of the fight on multiple fronts.
- Surgeons, Carpenters, Sappers and Infantry Officers will come equipped with additional unique weaponry that are ever so slightly better than doing the notorious deed with your bare fists.
- » Surgeon - Knife
- » Carpenter - 1H Axe
- » Sapper - 1H Adze
- » Infantry Officer - Dirk
- Steam Collectables. Collectable Steam cards, emoticons, badges and wallpapers.
- Discord Rich Presence. Join the game directly through Discord, invite friends to join your match, view whoâs playing on which server and more!
- A package for those who wish to go the extra mile and support the development team. Gather access to splendid cosmetic overrides for officer swords, a special medal showing your loyalty to the cause, the ability to ride into battle on a white steed exclusive only to loyalists, soundtracks, artwork and more!
- » Downloadable content doesnât and never will impact gameplay.
- » Holdfast Nations: At War - Loyalist (Supporter) Edition
- Reduced the damage dealt by trampling to enemy infantryman. This will total to a maximum of 40 damage per hit ensuring that the infantryman doesnât die within a single strike unless the playerâs health points have been previously diminished.
- Solved an issue with trampling hits occurring before the cavalrymen reaches the player.
- Cavalrymen are now required to be more accurate with their swords when striking at another player from horseback.
- Multiple maps have received iterations to balance the number of available cavalry units.
- Infantry Officers now provide a damage reduction from firearms to those good men in the Rank & File when the âChargeâ order is given.
- » Youâll find fewer losses occurring should you attempt to charge an entrenched enemy.
- Carpenters are now able to kill horses with a single strike when wielding a 2H Axe.
- Players being supported with abilities from the Musician, Flagbearer and Guard classes will now be displayed in purple on the minimap.
- » This serves as an indication that youâre buffing another whilst playing with these classes.
- Surgeons are now able to receive the firearm damage reduction bonus provided by Guardsman so they donât instantly face their demise when healing a line.
- You will no longer display the melee indicator when healing another player.
- Sappers now have a dedicated chat channel to communicate in.
- Renamed the Rifleman chat channel to Skirmishers. Light Infantry units now also have access to this channel.
- You will now receive score and experience for blocking an enemy playerâs melee strike.
- Experience gathered during a match contributing towards bettering your soldierâs rank, will be displayed on-screen come to this update.
- Reduced the âSharpe Shooterâ achievementâs kill distance requirement to 75 meters.
- Reduced the âChosen manâ achievementâs kill distance requirement to 50 meters.
- Fort Christina no longer features cavalry when played on Army Siege in order to allow defenders a chance to construct defences around the perimeter of the wooden fortification.
- » Increased the number of available Sappers for the defenders.
Quality of Life
- You can now toggle VoIP on and off with a singular click of a button. Press the âKâ key to do so as you deem it necessary.
- You now have the option to collectively mute micspammers from the Round Players âPâ menu.
- » Administrators are provided with the function to tag someone for doing the deed.
- You will now continue to autorun when opening the Round Players âPâ menu. Should you find the need to mute another player, this will no longer disrupt your play.
- The Round Players âPâ menu now scales dynamically providing players with a cleaner more intuitive interface.
- Factions are now being randomised rather than predefined per map rotation. Maps which were specifically playable only with certain nations can now also be played by others.
- Reduced the audio volume of the main menu theme. You can now safely listen to this beautiful composition once more without worrying about your well-being.
- Prevented the message displayed upon joining a public event server from appearing after each and every time a new round starts. This will instead only become visible once upon joining the server.
- Players that disconnect from a server are now taken directly to the server browser rather than the main menu screen.
- You will no longer needlessly load the next map before being disconnected after the daily scheduled server restart ensues.
- You can now assign a hotkey through the gameâs settings to toggle between the cinematic and freeroam cameras.
- Youâll now find that moving the camera around using the arrow keys while in cinematic mode significantly smoother.
- Introduced a slider in the gameâs options allowing you to adjust the depth of field. Perfectly capture those cinematic shots.
- Smoothened the zooming of the camera through the scroll wheel when in freecam.
- Introduced multiple advanced settings accessible through the gameâs options menu in order to provide greater control over the cinematic camera.
- Server administrators are now provided with the option to input a welcome message that gets displayed in the playerâs chat upon joining the server.
- » Input the following command in the server configuration file: server_welcome_message MyMessage
- Server administrators are now able to limit the number of lives for the defenders on the Coastal Siege or Army Siege game modes.
- » Input the following command per map rotation: max_player_respawn <no.>
- Server administrators are now able to randomise factions on all game modes.
- » Input the following command per map rotation: faction_randomiser both/attacker/defender
- Server administrators are now able to log administrative actions directly on Discord through web-hooks. Weâre sure that this will come in most handy when coordinating administrative tasks during events!
- » Input the following commands in the server configuration file:
- » discord_webhook_warning_tag_admin <@!ID> | <@!ID>
- » discord_webhook_warning_id <webhookID>
- » discord_webhook_warning_token <webhookToken>
- » discord_webhook_banmute_tag_admin <@!ID> | <@!ID>
- » discord_webhook_banmute_id <webhookID>
- » discord_webhook_banmute_token <webhookToken>
- Server administrators are now able to define a reason for bans, kicks and mutes.
- Players kicked from a server by an administrator will now have the reason displayed.
- Server administrators can now configure pre-sets for administrator private messages. Configure these to ensure event hosts have easy access to messages they can issue to players for the most common rule breaks. Theyâll surely thank you for it.
- » Input the following commands per map rotation: admin_action_preset_reason <title>|<message>
- Server administrators can now use âCTRL + ENTERâ as a shortcut to confirm an administrative action instead of pressing the âYesâ button.
- Server administrators can now set up a series of event rules that get displayed on screen when the player joins the round with a specific class. Refer to our Wiki for more information as this new function also supports rich text for greater configurability.
- » Input the following command per map rotation: server_round_rule <class1>,<class2>|<message>
- Game servers now monitor changes to the muted and banned players file saving you the hassle of having to manually reload the file through rc commands each and every time a change is performed.
- Solved an issue which caused players to get stuck on map load after a server initiates a daily scheduled shutdown.
- Solved an issue where a game server could appear twice in the browser when refreshing the list.
- Solved an issue with the spyglass stretching out on 21:9 and 21:10 aspect ratios.
- Solved an issue where the âSight The Barnâ achievement wasnât being correctly awarded to the players.
- Solved an issue where the âStrikeâ achievement wasnât correctly tracking consecutive kills with a cannon.
- Solved an issue with the âExplosives Specialistâ achievement, not including kills from rocket artillery pieces.
- Solved an exception which occurred when a player joins a server directly from a friend through Steam.
- Solved an issue where players could farm experience with the carpenter class by hitting palisade walls in Fort Salettes or Camp Salamanca.
- Solved an issue with incorrect textures on one of the buildings in Desert Ruins.
- Solved an issue which caused players looking through a spyglass to continue doing so even though they just got trampled by a horse.
- Solved multiple issues with explosive barrels.
- Solved an issue which caused framerate to drop when the player was adjusting their audio.
- Solved an issue which caused players to sometimes be unable to pack a rocket launcher after it has been unpacked.
- Solved an issue which caused players to rarely get stuck on map load.
- Solved an issue where the âSettingsâ panel would flash on the first launch.
- Solved an issue where the top bar in the Naval Assault game mode didnât reset correctly.
- Solved an issue where the camera would rotate if the player presses the âCâ key whilst having the Voice âVâ menu open.
- Solved an issue where horses would still appear in the kill feed when stricken at even though they are unkillable when God Mode is enabled.
- Solved an issue which prevented players from spawning if a great number of spawn locations were present in a custom map.
- Solved an issue which caused players to be unable to load the smaller rocket variant if the launcher was spawned on the map through override props.
- Solved multiple exceptions that occurred on both server and client.
- Solved an issue where shrapnel from explosions was ignoring friendly fire.