Game Version 0.1X
- 1 0.19
- 2 0.18
- 3 0.17
- 4 0.17
- 5 0.16
- 6 0.15
- 7 0.14
- 8 0.13
- 9 0.12
- 10 0.11
- 11 0.10
- A New Map! Ernest Ridge. Now playable on the Army Front official servers.
- » Designed by Pierre.
- Optimised various instances which were causing framerate to plummet when a lot of players spawn at the same time.
- Optimised client-side VoIP performance.
- Optimised an instance that occurred when a player switches their weapon.
- Optimised the scoreboard.
- Optimised player name tags.
- Optimised the terrain shaders.
- Attempted a fix towards solving more instances were players experienced bad quality audio when other players spoke using VoIP in the game.
- Attempted a fix towards an issue which sometimes causes the server to hang.
- Fixed an issue which prevented players from selecting a custom name.
- Fixed an issue which prevented players from adjusting audio, graphical and game settings.
- More optimisations to improve stability.
- A whole lot of underlying changes in preparation for the artillery focused update to follow in the next few weeks.
- Multiple Rounds! The Melee Arena game mode now supports multiple rounds. Reduce the wait-time. You can find the new server configuration commands for this game mode below. These need to be set per map rotation.
- » round_spawn_close_timer_seconds 35 - Set the time it takes before the arena gates open for the first round. Set this higher than the timer below to allow some time for players to load the map.
- » round_spawn_close_timer_seconds_between_rounds 20 - Set the time it takes before the arena gates open for all the round to follow after.
- » amount_of_rounds 15 - Set your desired number of rounds to play before the match ends. The value that you set here must be an odd number to ensure that there is always a victor.
- Announcer! Let others know of your glorious achievements in the Melee Arena game mode. As you ramp up your kill streak, an announcer will broadcast your name to everyone in the match.
- VoIP quality has been improved.
- Plugged several leaks that were degrading performance over long periods of play time on the client.
Quality Of Life Additions
- Renamed the ‘Listen Locally’ option to ‘Test Microphone’ so players have a better understanding of what this feature does.
- Fixed an issue that negatively impacted accuracy when firing in third-person.
- Fixed a bug which was causing certain players to hear robotic-sounding audio when other players spoke through VoIP.
- Fixed a bug which was causing certain players to be unable to hear other players speaking through VoIP. If you are still experiencing the issue after this update, try installing the redistributable linked * below.
- » Click on the following link to download the redistributable
- Fixed a bug that was causing the End of Match screen to disappear very quickly in the Melee Arena game mode.
- Fixed a bug were an incorrect faction would be displayed as the victor at the end of match screen.
- Attempted fix towards a bug that sometimes causes players to spawn on a ship of the enemy faction whilst playing on the Naval Battlefield game mode.
- Attempted fix towards a bug that sometimes causes an incorrect number of ships to appear in the spawn menu whilst playing on the Naval Battlefield game mode.
- Fixed a bug that caused an incorrect faction icon to show in the top bar if you spectate a match without joining the round.
- Fixed an error that was being outputted when hitting an enemy player.
- Fixed an error that was being outputted when playing on Fort Salettes.
- Fixed an error that was being outputted when playing on Caribbean.
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to go inside the well on Fort Winston.
- Fixed a bug that caused an incorrect particle to show when players hit a snowy terrain.
- Solved an issue which prevented death and hit sounds from playing.
- Solved an issue that was degrading client-side performance when a player starts swimming in the Naval Battlefield or Coastal Siege game modes.
- Solved an issue that caused the enemy faction’s deaths not to be visible for the top five players at the end of match screen.
- Fixed a bug that caused the text of players which achieved over 100 kills to be split into two lines during the end of match screen.
Quality Of Life Additions
- Your character will now continue to auto-run if you minimize the game. The escape menu will only become visible when you hop back into the game.
- Reflective damage is no longer present on the Army Front official servers. You will not receive damage for striking or firing at a friendly player. You are still unable to strike or shoot through friendly players with melee weapons or firearms.
- Melee strikes with muskets now deal more damage.
- You’re now able to finish off an enemy player in a single strike if you correctly factor in the strike’s duration and the distance between you and the other player. You will also increase the damage you deal if you're running forward instead of backwards. Use the musket’s weapon reach to your advantage!
- Melee strikes with swords now deal more damage.
- Up strikes with swords are inherently more difficult to land but you’re now guaranteed to end your opponent in a single hit. Lunge attacks can also kill an enemy player in just one blow given that you properly factor in the strike’s duration, the distance between you and the other player and the momentum. Right, and left sword slashes are easier to land but you will not end your opponent in a single strike. Use the sword’s four-way attack directions to your advantage!
- You are still guaranteed to kill opponents with a single strike if they are aiming or reloading.
- The stun timer preventing you from attacking after you hit a friendly player, an object in the map or the ground with a melee weapon has been significantly reduced.
- Rifleman now accumulate much fewer points for kill streaks compared to other classes.
- Reduced the pulsating effect on the dynamic crosshair for all weapons.
- Included an additional ladder leading to the top of the barn on Dutch Canals for balancing reasons.
Quality Of Life Additions
- Players now have the option to disable the dynamic crosshair through the ‘Game’ options. Once again, this has not changed the underlying shooting mechanics nor did they change with the previous inclusion of the dynamic crosshair.
- The icon representing Infantry Officer class has been re-coloured from yellow to green so players can more easily distinguish between players in the server and their Steam friends.
- We’ve included a unique icon for the Surgeon class. This is present on the minimap.
- Fixed a bug which caused certain players to be unable to join the round.
- Fixed an issue which caused rounds in every game mode to end too quickly.
- Fixed an issue that was being outputted when a player moved around. This was causing the game to briefly stutter.
- Fixed a bug which was causing players to be unable to switch to another weapon or spawn without any weapons. This was also sometimes causing the hotkey for a particular weapon to be incorrectly assigned.
- Fixed a bug were when a player fired with a Blunderbuss on a friendly player and reflective damage is enabled, they appeared multiple times in the kill feed.
- Fixed a bug were when a player fired with a blunderbuss on a friendly player and reflective damage is enabled, they heard multiple hit sounds play on their person.
- Attempted fix towards a bug that caused VoIP quality to degrade.
- Fixed an error that was being outputted when a player joined the Melee Arena game mode as the time to start the round was ticking down.
- Fixed an error that was being outputted due to the minimap.
- Fixed an issue were players could sometimes see text overlaid in the spawn menu when playing on the Melee Arena game mode.
- Fixed a bug which was causing kill streak bonuses not to work.
- Fixed a bug that caused players to be able to only open one of the sides for various double-sided doors present in all maps.
- Attempted fix towards an issue that allowed players to go outside the doors before they open in the Melee Arena game mode.
- You are no longer able to jump on the towers in Watchtower Arena anymore.
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from passing through one of the tunnels in Fort Salettes.
- You are no longer able to go outside Fort Arena’s playable area.
- Fixed an issue with one of the ladders on Fort Salettes clipping inside the fort.
- Fixed an issue were you could clip inside walls on the Highlands map.
- Army Front! Various improvements to the Army Conquest and Army Battlefield game modes based on community feedback.
- » Reduced the number of capture points on every map. Players were previously too spread out.
- » Base spawns are now uncapturable. This will ensure that players in the server always have a position to spawn on.
- » Significantly reduced the number of players that can spawn on a captured point. Captured points were almost impossible to re-take since the entire team could spawn on that more advantageous forward position.
- » We’ve placed more defensive emplacements around capture points to make them easier to defend now that the number of players that can spawn on a specific location has been significantly reduced.
- » Increased the points gathered when capturing a flag from 50 to 150.
- » On the Army Front official servers, you will never find Desert, Grassy or Snowy Plains maps being played on the Conquest game mode.
- » We’ve reduced the number of reinforcements on the Army Battlefield game mode for last stands to occur more frequently.
- Naval Combat! Set sail once again. A multitude of fixes to further stabilise the naval and coastal game modes.
- » Fixed an issue that produced several graphical bugs when aiming with a cannon aboard ships, swimming or standing near a shoreline. This would sometimes appear as a green flickering screen or underwater splashes.
- » Fixed an issue that caused the camera to flicker severely when sailing a boat, a ship or sitting on a rowboat.
- » Fixed an issue on the Naval and Coastal Siege game modes were the textures turned black forcing the player to re-join the server.
- » Fixed an issue that caused players to desynchronize forcing you to close the game whilst playing on naval or coastal scenarios. Players would appear to be floating above ships or become invisible when this bug occurred. This specific problem also caused a variety of crashes to occur.
- » Fixed an issue that caused the map to stop loading on the naval and coastal game modes.
- » Fixed an issue that was causing performance to periodically plummet whilst playing on maps were water, rivers or the ocean is present.
- » Fixed an issue with the spawn menu background on naval and coastal maps appearing white.
- » Fixed an issue on the naval and coastal game modes that caused some of the spawn locations on ships not to be present after the map loaded.
- » Fixed an issue on Coastal Siege were rowboats were being respawned when destroyed. This severely degraded the server’s performance.
- » Fixed an issue were the Naval Battlefield game mode resulted in a draw if an equal number of ships were sunk before the round ends. When this occurs, the number of crewmen killed during a round will now determine the winner instead.
- » Fixed an issue in the Naval Battlefield game mode were no messages appeared if no crewman were killed or ships have been sunk and the round ended.
- » Spotter. You can now equip a spyglass if you spawn with the Adept Sailor.
- 3 new maps! Fort Schwarz, Fort Salettes and Snow Plays 3. Now playable on the Army Front official servers.
- » Input the following parameters to host these maps on your community server: map_name fortschwarz, map_name fortsalettes or map_name snowyplainsiii.
- Fixed an issue were Steam failed to authenticate when launching a community server causing them to appear empty in the lobby.
- We’ve performed a minor game engine upgrade in order to solve the Steam authentication issues with community servers.
- You will now find a refresh button at the very bottom of the server browser. This will come in especially handy for those players that sometimes experience issues with not seeing servers in the lobby.
- The official servers in the ‘Join Other Server’ panel have been updated. You can make use of this panel if you ever face any issues with servers not appearing in the lobby.
- In the Settings menu, the ‘Blend Weights’ option has been renamed to ‘Animation Quality’. If you’re playing on the lower settings and are looking for better character looks with relatively no performance impact, you can adjust this setting.
- Fixed an issue that caused players to quickly turn 360 degrees after they shot with a pistol, rifle, musket or a blunderbuss. You will now also experience recoil whilst moving your weapon and firing.
- Fixed an issue which caused a server to crash whilst capturing flags on the Army Conquest, Army Siege and Coastal Siege game modes.
- Your screen will no longer flicker when you stand in the way of a door that is opening or closing.
- Fixed an issue were the compass didn’t rotate when you look around using the tilde key.
- Fixed an issue with an error being outputted when Stereo Mix isn’t enabled and no microphone is plugged in. This was severely degrading performance.
- Fixed an issue with localisation were you could previously ‘Turn On’ a door. Brilliant, right?
- Fixed a miss-type on the British emblem. These emblems are visible on the victory screen.
- Fixed an issue with localisation for the Prussian faction in the scoreboard. Kingdom of Prussia.
- Fixed a spelling mistake that appeared when the Prussians won the round ‘The Prussians Are Victorious’.
- The game now takes less disk space. Comparatively, we’ve managed to reduce the game’s file size by around 3 Gigs.
- Increased the spawn limits for the defenders on Coastal Siege.
- We’re now directing logs for the actions done by server administrators to a separate log file for organisational purposes.
- » The following entry can be placed in the batch file before launching the server to direct the admin log file to your desired location: --adminCommandLogFilePath "Path Goes Here”
- Fixed an exception that occurred on map load and was severely degrading performance over longer periods of playing hours.
- Fixed multiple warnings being outputted after the map loads and artillery was present. This was severely degrading performance over longer periods of playing hours.
- Optimised and fixed a variety of issues being caused by shaders.
- Fixed an issue were if two players with the same name join a server, it caused an exception to occur.
- Fixed an issue with one of the ground textures not producing footsteps sounds. This texture is used on a variety of maps.
- Fixed an issue with localisation in the Army Battlefield game mode when the Prussian reinforcements depleted.
- Fixed an issue with 3D VoIP. This was degrading performance over time.
- Removed unnecessary logs from the server upon launch.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused the server to be launched as our development version. This was degrading performance.
- An attempted fix towards an issue that is sometimes caused when a player is carrying an artillery shot. This was degrading performance.
- Fixed an issue which caused Army Conquest to be played as a single life game mode if you switched from Army Assault to Army Conquest.
- Fixed an issue were the map took longer to load from the server when switching between different game modes.
- Fixed an issue that caused the wrong factions to appear in the top bar if you spectated another player or used the free-flight camera.
- Fixed an issue on the Training Grounds map which prevented players from using the field guns.
- The stone bridge on Arendan River is now wider. You’ll also find more objects to take cover behind on the bridge itself.
- Fixed an issue with one of the houses not casting shadows on Arendan River.
- An attempted fix towards an issue which caused players to bug underneath the fortification on Fort Christina.
- You’ll now find more objects on Desert Ruins serving as additional cover.
- Fixed an issue with some of the doors on Sharpton spawning wood of the wrong colour when destroyed.
- Re-added Conquest game mode support for the Training Grounds map as this was causing some community servers to crash.
- Fixed an issue were players could get stuck inside the chimney on Linburg.
- Dutch Canals has received further optimisations.
- The fences on Dutch Canals have been lowered so they’re easier to jump.
- Fixed a variety of mesh related issues on the ruin models present on Tahir Desert and Desert Ruins.
- Fixed an issue were one of the doors on Martello tower appeared to be floating.
- Fixed lanterns floating on Linburg.
- Fort Winston now officially supports the Siege game mode.
- Fixed an exception that was being outputted on Fort Winston. This was degrading performance.
- Fixed an exploit on Tahir Desert which enabled a player to shoot from inside one of the walls near the ruins.
- You can now pass through one of the shallow lakes on Black Forest. It is no longer blocked off.
- Fixed an exploit on Linburg that allowed players to jump underneath the water.
- Fixed an issue on Fort Imperial which caused one of the textures on the destructible models to appear black.
- More chairs and benches on Fort Christina are now sitable.
- Fixed an issue with capture points not appearing in alphabetical order on some maps whilst playing the Army Conquest game mode.
- Fixed an instance were errors were thrown on the server whilst it is running the Open Waters map. This was degrading performance.
- Fixed an issue with the 8-Gun Schooner throwing errors on the server when it was being destroyed.
- Fixed an issue on Arendan River were the pikes were clipping through one of the sandbags.
- Fixed an issue on Grassy Plains 2 were one of the sandbag textures appeared to be black.
- Fixed an issue with a sound not being outputted when destroying one of the objects on Fort Imperial.
- Head into battle with the all-new Prussian faction as they are now available to play in Holdfast: Nations At War.
- » Input the following parameter per map rotation to play as the Prussian faction: faction_attacking prussian or faction_defending prussian
Interchangeable Faction Spawn Positions! There are plenty of players who are particularly adamant about always joining one particular faction. With this addition, the initial spawn position of a faction will be different after each and every round.
- » This functionality is supported on all existing game modes including Army Assault and all Naval and Coastal game modes.
- » Input the following parameter per map rotation to define the position where a particular faction should spawn at: faction_attacking french and faction_defending british
- British Coast Guards. New Units! Defend as the British Coast Guards in the Coastal Siege game mode.
- The Spawn Menu User Interface has been completely re-designed. It is now much easier to locate a naval vessel to spawn on if you’re playing with your crew mates.
- 2 new maps! Linburg and Black Forest are now in the game. Both of these maps have been included in the official server map rotation.
- » Input the following parameters to host these maps on your community server: map_name blackforest or map_name linburg
- Game Engine Upgrade! Holdfast: Nations At War is now running on the latest version of Unity 2017. Development on the upgrade has been one of the greatest undertakings that the team has embarked on to date.
- » All of this was done with the primary objective to improve upon melee combat.
- » New technologies in the upgraded game engine will allow us to further refine player movement and solve the discrepancies with ‘hitboxes’ - Work on this is currently ongoing.
- Multiple Game Mode Servers! Join one of the Army Front official servers to play the Army Siege, Army Conquest and Army Battlefield game modes without having to switch between servers.
- Openable and Closable Doors. More objects to interact with on the map.
- Roleplay! Several chairs on various maps are now sit-able.
- New end of round victory tunes for all factions are now in the game! We do hope that you take a liking to these.
- Server administrators can now select Brazil as a region through the server configuration file.
- » Input the following parameter if you’d like to assign the Brazilian region to your server: server_region brazil
- Rifleman accuracy over long distances on the Standard game type has been reduced.
- Shadows have been improved.
- The main menu screen has been changed to showcase the glorious Prussians.
- Added an audio reverb for an echoey effect when speaking or other sounds play inside buildings.
- Map loading screen images will now appear faster.
- Arranged the order of a variety of spawn points on land-based and coastal maps in the spawn menu. This is so that the base spawn points where the greatest number of players can spawn will always show at the very top.
- You can now find multiple spawn points on the Training Grounds map when playing on the Army Battlefield and Army Assault game modes. This will make it easier for players to travel around various locations on the map.
- Adjusted the initial spawn positions for players on several maps so you don’t spawn way too much above ground. This is still a work in progress and some spawn locations have yet to be re-visited.
- Training Grounds is no longer playable on the Conquest game mode.
- You can now play with all the in-game classes including the Naval and Coastal ones on the Training Grounds map.
- The Training Grounds map now has a unique loading screen.
- Fixed a bug which caused the server to disconnect all players after 254 rounds.
- Fixed an issue with an incorrect sound being played when hitting the wooden floors of the church found on the Training Grounds map with a melee weapon.
- You can now find mortars at both of the base spawns on Fort Winston.
- The cannons inside the siege camp on Fort Winston are now able to cover a greater area.
- Included several ambient sounds on Fort Winston.
- Fort Winston has received various optimisations.
- Fixed an issue where players could hide inside gabions on the Desert Plains map.
- Fixed an issue with objects disappearing at a close distance on the Desert Plains map.
- The snow accumulation on the Grassy Plains map now looks better.
- Adjusted several ladders on Sharpton so players can climb them more easily.
- Fixed an issue with cannon rotations on the Sharpton siege map.
- Fixed an issue where players could jump out of the window and go into the river on Sharpton.
- Fixed an issue where the Officer class showed twice in the list when spawning on the Windmill spawn point on Sharpton.
- Fixed an issue with the snow accumulation on the Sharpton map looking too bright.
- The camp on Fort Christina has been filled with additional props.
- Fixed a spelling mistake on one of the spawn points in Fort Christina.
- Fixed several instances where players could get stuck between objects in Fort Christina.
- You can now more easily climb the staircases near the gabions in Fort Christina.
- Fixed an issue where players couldn’t spawn using the Rifleman class on the Highlands map.
- Fixed an issue with recoil on one of the cannons on the Highlands map.
- Players will now find additional doors when traversing inside the South Sea Castle fortification. This was done so that the fort is more easily defendable.
- Fixed several spelling mistakes in the music selection panel for the British faction.
- Fixed an issue with flickering textures on one of the pianos in the game.
- Fixed an error that was being caused when an object was destroyed in the game.
- The brand-new Army Conquest game mode! Co-ordinate assaults, capture and hold objectives to become victorious.
- » Playable on all existing maps.
- » Input the following parameter per map rotation to host the Army Conquest game mode on your community server: game_mode ArmyConquest
- » You can also input the following parameters to adjust the game mode to your liking: conquest_tick_reward 1, conquest_max_tickets 2500, conquest_ticker_time_seconds 1 and conquest_tickets_per_capture 50
- New map! Fort Winston. Playable on the Army Conquest, Battlefield, Assault & Deathmatch game modes.
- » Input the following parameter to host this map on your community server: map_name fortwinston
- Capture points have been re-designed. New mechanics, models, sounds and user-interface.
- The initial faction spawn positions are now interchangeable. This functionality is only available for the Army Conquest game mode at the moment but it’ll be made available for other game modes in a future update.
- » Input the following parameters per map rotation to change the initial spawn positions: faction_attacking french and faction_defending british
- You can now find Swivel Guns on the Training Grounds map.
- Changed the Coastal Siege capture point positions on Fort Imperial and Martello Tower.
- Fixed a number of exceptions to improve game stability and performance.
- Fixed a warning which was outputted related to textures on certain maps.
- Fixes some issues with floating props on Fort Christina.
- Fixed issues with terrain tessellation on Fort Christina.
- A possible fix for the bug which causes a green screen to flash when a player touches the water on Coastal or Naval maps.
- Improvements on firearm recoil mechanics. Players now have more control over their mouse movement after a shot is fired. Big thanks to the community for their feedback on this.
- Fixed a bug which caused a flickering green screen to appear when playing on Naval or Coastal maps. This was a hardware specific issue so please do let us know if you experience it again.
- Fixed a bug which caused all players to forcefully disconnect from the server when the 254th round starts.
- Server-side optimisations to improve performance for 3D VoIP. This system has undergone an entire re-work in an effort to reduce latency spikes on servers.
- A number of exceptions from the error logs we receive have been fixed.
- Updated and re-worked multiple game shaders to improve performance and reduce the possibility of graphical issues occurring for players with low-end hardware.
- Reduced the number of shaders the game utilizes. This is in an effort to improve stability.
- Fixed multiple layout issues for different languages.
- Introduced additional language characters in the game which were previously appearing to be missing.
- Fixed a graphical which caused to rocks on Crosshills to appear entirely black.
- Fixed a graphical issue which caused the sandbags on Fort Christiana to appear entirely black.
- Fixed an issue which caused the watermill on Arendan River not to animate.
- The background terrain on Sharpton and Fort Christina now support dynamic weather.
- The Training Grounds spawn locations have been moved to the debrief area.
- Fixed an issue which caused players to get stuck in the chimney on the Training Grounds map.
- Fixed multiple floating props on the Training Grounds map.
- Fixed an issue which caused players to get stuck on the church stairs when playing on the Training Grounds map.
- A map loading screen for Training Grounds map has been added to the game.
- Fixed an issue with the lobby status always appearing in Chinese irrespective of the selected language.
- The Training Grounds and Snowy Plains II map names now show in the lobby when those maps are being played.
- Players with low-end hardware will be seeing a slight increase in performance.
- Single life official servers. Strategize, coordinate and make good use of cover to turn the tide of battle in your favour!
- Hardcore mode! A mode specifically designed for organised and competitive play.
- » Playable on all the existing game modes. Army Siege, Coastal Siege, Army Battlefield and more.
- » Input the following parameter per map rotation to enable the Hardcore mode on your community server: game_type Hardcore
- Firearm recoil! Giving you that extra kick whilst you’re burning powder.
- New map! Snowy Plains II is now playable in the game.
- » Input the following parameter to host this map on your community server: map_name snowyplainsII
- New map! Training Grounds. A place for regiments to call home.
- » Input the following parameter to host this map on your community server: map_name traininggrounds
- Game engine upgrade. A massive undertaking in an effort to improve stability and broaden our options to further optimise the game.
- Localisation! Holdfast: Nations At War is now playable in French, German, Spanish, Portuguese (Brazilian), Russian, Chinese (Traditional & Simplified), Japanese and Korean. We want to make sure that the game is widely available to everyone.
- NA Coastal Siege Server! We’re now hosting an official Coastal Siege server in North America.
- The round timer on the Coastal Siege official servers has been reduced by 5 minutes.
- Game information panel. To the top right of the spawn menu, a flashing question mark resides which if clicked on will present you with various information relative to the game mode you are playing.
- The Crews & Regiments button on the main menu now links directly to the recruitment section our forums. You better start planning ahead to keep your regiment thread more active! New players looking to join one will be browsing our forums more often.
- Players will now receive a notification if they are unable to join the round in the Army Assault game mode. This can either be caused by the player’s death or if they attempt to join the round after the round close timer has been surpassed.
- Server administrators can now privately message other players in the server through the ‘Round Players’ panel. We’re sure that this will come in handy for the administration of events! You no longer have to bother everyone with intrusive broadcast messages unless necessary.
- We’ve also introduced search functionality in the ‘Round Players’ panel. It’ll make scrolling through a list of 150 players just a little bit easier.
- Players now have the option to always show player names whilst using the Free-Roam Camera. Once again, we’re sure that this will come in handy for the administration of organised events.
- » The 'Show Player Names' option can be found in the 'Game' tab under Free-Roam Camera.
- You can now adjust the volume of firearm and artillery shots. We’ve done this so players can communicate better through VoIP.
- » This can be done by adjusting the ‘Weapon Volume’ slider found in the 'Audio' tab.
- Voice phrases in chat no longer show for Administrators.
- Client-side optimisations. Players running the game on low-end hardware should now see a slight performance improvement.
- Server-side optimisations. Servers will be seeing a slight increase in performance with this update.
- Chinese, Russian, Japanese and Arabic characters in broadcast messages now appear in white.
Quality Of Life Additions
- Additional tips have been included in the game. These tips are displayed when a map is loading.
- Desert Plains received a graphical re-work! In addition to this, two camps located near the spawns of both factions have been reinforced with mortar emplacements. The loading screen has been updated to reflect the new looks.
- Graphically improved the snow and desert environments. ‘Cold’ particle effects have been added on all snow themed game levels. The looks of the Atmospheric Scattering effect has also been improved.
- The British should now be able to destroy the French cannon using their own artillery piece on the Grassy Plains II map.
- Sharpton now has more artillery pieces when played on the Siege game mode.
- Added a natural crossing next to the bridge near one of the spawn locations on Sharpton.
- Fixed an issue which caused 3D VoIP not to work for certain players.
- Fixed an issue which caused one of the wooden bridges on Sharpton to be inaccessible.
- Fixed an issue which caused players to get stuck underneath one of the shooting platforms on Sharpton.
- Fixed several issues with objects culling early on Sharpton.
- Several assets have been re-textured.
- Improved the grass wind animation.
- Improved the looks of the Polish Vistula’s shako.
- Improved the looks of grass on Dutch Canals and Sharpton.
- Adjusted the spawn points for the Army Assault, Army Battlefield and Deathmatch game modes on Southsea Castle.
- Fixed several issues with destruction on Fort Imperial.
- Fixed an error that occurred whilst loading the Spanish Farm map.
- Bagpipers! A grand total of 22 tunes are available for this class. You can check them out by joining the British faction.
- 5 new tunes for the fifer and drummer musician classes have been added into the game. 2 of those tunes are British and the remaining are French.
- A new map! Sharpton is now playable in game.
- » Use the following parameter to host the map on your community server: map_name sharpton
- A new map! Dutch Canals is now playable in game.
- » Use the following parameter to host the map on your community server: map_name dutchcanals
- 2 new line battle maps! Grassy Plains II and Desert Plains are now playable in game.
- » Use the following parameters to host these maps on your community server: map_name GrassyPlainsII or map_name DesertPlains
- Grenadiers! Chosen from the strongest and largest of soldiers. They’re available to be played in both the British and French factions.
- 2 new line infantry units! The 92nd Gordon Highlanders and Polish Vistula Legion.
- Melee combat improvements! You’ll be seeing more updates on this from us in future patches. This is only the beginning of our work on improving the melee. Here are more specifics. These changes have yet to be tested on high player count servers.
- » Blocking will be seeing a drastic improvement when it comes to responsiveness, and is no longer highly dependent on latency.
- » You are now able to go into melee combat whilst crouching. Your character will stand up so you can commence with melee combat. You can do so by pressing the ‘X’ key or striking or blocking with your melee weapon from a crouching position.
- » A variety of other additions that both directly and indirectly contribute to melee combat from optimisations, fluidity between transitions and general responsiveness.
- Transitions when going from running to aiming and vice versa are now more fluid.
- You can now reload your firearm directly from melee mode. Once again this should add to the overall fluidity of combat!
- You can now cease reloading your firearm by jumping.
- You will now stop crouching if you jump.
- Reworked Arendan River’s Siege mode! This map has been re-designed with the intention to prevent players from losing to much reinforcement’s needlessly by attempting to defend an optional capture point.
- The scoreboard has been re-designed. The player IDs have been removed and are now visible in the Round Players panel instead. We’ve also changed the font to a more readable text.
- Free roam camera improvements! You can now see the names of other players irrespective of the faction you have joined. It’ll certainly come in handy for all those generous fellows who take up their precious time to host events.
- Fixed an issue which caused the free roam camera to collide with invisible walls.
- Spectator camera improvements! You can now view nameplates of other players by rotating your camera when spectating another player. This is yet another addition to aid with the administration of events.
- Server side optimisations. More to come in future updates.
- Additional work to improve game stability.
Quality Of Life Additions
- You now have the option to listen to your microphone input when speaking through VoIP by enabling ‘Listen Locally’ from the ‘Audio’ settings.
- There’s now a very slight delay when you stop pressing the push to talk key for 3D VoIP.
- The list of official game servers displayed in the ‘Join Other Server’ panel that is accessed through a button on the server browser has been update. You can make use of this if you ever face issues with not being able to see servers in the lobby.
- Multiple language support! The game now supports Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Russian and Arabic languages. You can now make use of or see these characters being displayed for all the above mentioned languages in the game chat, player names, scoreboard, admin broadcast message as well as the round players panel. We’re now also supporting extra special characters that are especially useful for regimental tags.
- There has also been a variety of changes to fonts in a variety of other places including the main menu and settings options. Everything here was done in preparations for localisation. It’s going to be our next step after multiple language support to ensure that the game is widely available to everyone. More on this in future updates!
- Game tips and map information. We’re now displaying the map’s name, game mode and a variety of tips specific to the game mode being played on the map loading screen. We’ll be including more information in here as the game progresses.
- Player joined notifications are no longer displayed when you hide the UI using the ‘Scroll Lock’ key.
- Canyon has been optimised even further.
- Improved the looks of the flora on Grassy Plains.
- We’ve also added more spawn locations on all maps to reduce the chance of players spawning on top of each other.
- Improved the looks of the snow particle effect.
- Improved and changed ambient sounds on a variety of maps.
Organised the order of classes on the Palisade Arena map. Removed HTML tags from the game chat and administrator broadcast messages.
- Fixed a spelling mistake in one of the messages that get displayed when reinforcements are depleted.
- Fixed an issue on Spanish Farm which caused players to fling into the air and access the attic inside the two story house.
- Fixed several spots on the Desert Ruins map which were never intended to be accessible.
- Fixed issues with rain and snow accumulation on various maps.
- Fixed issues with collisions that made some stairs inaccessible on Arendan River.
- Fixed several issues with objects culling (disappearing at long distances) before they should on Arendan River.
- Fixed several errors that occurred whilst playing on the Grassy Plains map.
- Fixed an issue with grass being limited to a certain distance on Fort Christina.
- The official server map rotation has been changed to reduce the chance of night scenes and weather.
- The Join Game button in the main menu has been renamed to Play.