Game Version 0.1X
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1 0.19
- 2 0.18
- 3 0.17
- 4 0.17
- 5 0.16
- A New Map! Ernest Ridge. Now playable on the Army Front official servers.
- » Designed by Pierre.
- Optimised various instances which were causing framerate to plummet when a lot of players spawn at the same time.
- Optimised client-side VoIP performance.
- Optimised an instance that occurred when a player switches their weapon.
- Optimised the scoreboard.
- Optimised player name tags.
- Optimised the terrain shaders.
- Attempted a fix towards solving more instances were players experienced bad quality audio when other players spoke using VoIP in the game.
- Attempted a fix towards an issue which sometimes causes the server to hang.
- Fixed an issue which prevented players from selecting a custom name.
- Fixed an issue which prevented players from adjusting audio, graphical and game settings.
- More optimisations to improve stability.
- A whole lot of underlying changes in preparation for the artillery focused update to follow in the next few weeks.
- Multiple Rounds! The Melee Arena game mode now supports multiple rounds. Reduce the wait-time. You can find the new server configuration commands for this game mode below. These need to be set per map rotation.
- » round_spawn_close_timer_seconds 35 - Set the time it takes before the arena gates open for the first round. Set this higher than the timer below to allow some time for players to load the map.
- » round_spawn_close_timer_seconds_between_rounds 20 - Set the time it takes before the arena gates open for all the round to follow after.
- » amount_of_rounds 15 - Set your desired number of rounds to play before the match ends. The value that you set here must be an odd number to ensure that there is always a victor.
- Announcer! Let others know of your glorious achievements in the Melee Arena game mode. As you ramp up your kill streak, an announcer will broadcast your name to everyone in the match.
- VoIP quality has been improved.
- Plugged several leaks that were degrading performance over long periods of play time on the client.
Quality Of Life Additions
- Renamed the ‘Listen Locally’ option to ‘Test Microphone’ so players have a better understanding of what this feature does.
- Fixed an issue that negatively impacted accuracy when firing in third-person.
- Fixed a bug which was causing certain players to hear robotic-sounding audio when other players spoke through VoIP.
- Fixed a bug which was causing certain players to be unable to hear other players speaking through VoIP. If you are still experiencing the issue after this update, try installing the redistributable linked * below.
- » Click on the following link to download the redistributable
- Fixed a bug that was causing the End of Match screen to disappear very quickly in the Melee Arena game mode.
- Fixed a bug were an incorrect faction would be displayed as the victor at the end of match screen.
- Attempted fix towards a bug that sometimes causes players to spawn on a ship of the enemy faction whilst playing on the Naval Battlefield game mode.
- Attempted fix towards a bug that sometimes causes an incorrect number of ships to appear in the spawn menu whilst playing on the Naval Battlefield game mode.
- Fixed a bug that caused an incorrect faction icon to show in the top bar if you spectate a match without joining the round.
- Fixed an error that was being outputted when hitting an enemy player.
- Fixed an error that was being outputted when playing on Fort Salettes.
- Fixed an error that was being outputted when playing on Caribbean.
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to go inside the well on Fort Winston.
- Fixed a bug that caused an incorrect particle to show when players hit a snowy terrain.
- Solved an issue which prevented death and hit sounds from playing.
- Solved an issue that was degrading client-side performance when a player starts swimming in the Naval Battlefield or Coastal Siege game modes.
- Solved an issue that caused the enemy faction’s deaths not to be visible for the top five players at the end of match screen.
- Fixed a bug that caused the text of players which achieved over 100 kills to be split into two lines during the end of match screen.
Quality Of Life Additions
- Your character will now continue to auto-run if you minimize the game. The escape menu will only become visible when you hop back into the game.
- Reflective damage is no longer present on the Army Front official servers. You will not receive damage for striking or firing at a friendly player. You are still unable to strike or shoot through friendly players with melee weapons or firearms.
- Melee strikes with muskets now deal more damage.
- You’re now able to finish off an enemy player in a single strike if you correctly factor in the strike’s duration and the distance between you and the other player. You will also increase the damage you deal if you're running forward instead of backwards. Use the musket’s weapon reach to your advantage!
- Melee strikes with swords now deal more damage.
- Up strikes with swords are inherently more difficult to land but you’re now guaranteed to end your opponent in a single hit. Lunge attacks can also kill an enemy player in just one blow given that you properly factor in the strike’s duration, the distance between you and the other player and the momentum. Right, and left sword slashes are easier to land but you will not end your opponent in a single strike. Use the sword’s four-way attack directions to your advantage!
- You are still guaranteed to kill opponents with a single strike if they are aiming or reloading.
- The stun timer preventing you from attacking after you hit a friendly player, an object in the map or the ground with a melee weapon has been significantly reduced.
- Rifleman now accumulate much fewer points for kill streaks compared to other classes.
- Reduced the pulsating effect on the dynamic crosshair for all weapons.
- Included an additional ladder leading to the top of the barn on Dutch Canals for balancing reasons.
Quality Of Life Additions
- Players now have the option to disable the dynamic crosshair through the ‘Game’ options. Once again, this has not changed the underlying shooting mechanics nor did they change with the previous inclusion of the dynamic crosshair.
- The icon representing Infantry Officer class has been re-coloured from yellow to green so players can more easily distinguish between players in the server and their Steam friends.
- We’ve included a unique icon for the Surgeon class. This is present on the minimap.
- Fixed a bug which caused certain players to be unable to join the round.
- Fixed an issue which caused rounds in every game mode to end too quickly.
- Fixed an issue that was being outputted when a player moved around. This was causing the game to briefly stutter.
- Fixed a bug which was causing players to be unable to switch to another weapon or spawn without any weapons. This was also sometimes causing the hotkey for a particular weapon to be incorrectly assigned.
- Fixed a bug were when a player fired with a Blunderbuss on a friendly player and reflective damage is enabled, they appeared multiple times in the kill feed.
- Fixed a bug were when a player fired with a blunderbuss on a friendly player and reflective damage is enabled, they heard multiple hit sounds play on their person.
- Attempted fix towards a bug that caused VoIP quality to degrade.
- Fixed an error that was being outputted when a player joined the Melee Arena game mode as the time to start the round was ticking down.
- Fixed an error that was being outputted due to the minimap.
- Fixed an issue were players could sometimes see text overlaid in the spawn menu when playing on the Melee Arena game mode.
- Fixed a bug which was causing kill streak bonuses not to work.
- Fixed a bug that caused players to be able to only open one of the sides for various double-sided doors present in all maps.
- Attempted fix towards an issue that allowed players to go outside the doors before they open in the Melee Arena game mode.
- You are no longer able to jump on the towers in Watchtower Arena anymore.
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from passing through one of the tunnels in Fort Salettes.
- You are no longer able to go outside Fort Arena’s playable area.
- Fixed an issue with one of the ladders on Fort Salettes clipping inside the fort.
- Fixed an issue were you could clip inside walls on the Highlands map.